Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cell phone and toll money holders

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Cell phone and toll money holders

for tolls .... HD does have a little coin holder which does mount to handle bars (7/8" to 1" bars). Says quick dismount of change holder to take with ya:

$19.95

LINK FOR Change Holder

Old 05-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Cache
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, I leave my cell phone in the rear trunk or in a closed compartment when I ride.

How does one answer a phone while riding?....Bluetooth......I ride to get away from the phone, not to answer it on a ride. I check it when I stop!

I see all these donkeys with it clipped to their belt. Why??????

It looks stupid and is in no way pratical while riding! You can't be that important!!!

I keep my toll money in my windshield pouch for easy access and minimal fumbling. It works just fine for me.

[:'(]

Old 05-22-2007, 10:10 PM
tizone
Tourer

Speaking for myself, I am not "that important". However, without being available by cellphone I would be stuck sitting around at work 'just in case' I was needed on short notice. Being able to respond to a cellphone call allows me the freedom to get out and ride or do whatever else I want to do.

I certainly don't want to talk on the thing while riding... but I need to see/hear if someone is trying to reach me. It's way better than the alternative in my case.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:55 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

The cell phone goes into an inside pocket of my jacket and my EZ Pass is under my fairing directly below the eagle.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/03AC1F1D597E435397B165D5A50DC194.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-23-2007, 12:02 AM
sly
Intermediate

I bought a small fake leather camera case at walmart and ziptied it to the handle bars on my street glide....big enough to hold a pack of smokes or the mp3 player... 8 bucks

Old 05-23-2007, 12:15 AM
PSO169
Road Master

I toss mine in one of the pockets of my 3 pocket windshield bag.

Jeff

Old 05-24-2007, 01:41 AM
skid jackson
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: theoldguy

Maybe a small, unobtrusive pouch that'd mount on the front of a seat? Altho it'd look like you're gettin nasty with yourself digging out change... LOL...
Too Funny!! Can only imagine what the toll taker would be thinking!!

As far as being so important, or letting a cell phone run my life ... It goes like this ... I'm on call constantly .. It's part of the job, and more importantly I have times where I have to do a lot of running around for work. So I can spend half the day doing it in a pick up or ... Take the bike. Gee get paid to ride my motorcycle while the average stiff gets to ride a desk in a cubicle. All I gotta do is make sure I'm relatively quick at returning a call if need be. For that kind of deal I'll make sure the phone is right up where I can see it.

Thanks for the suggestions .. I'll try the cheap pouch route first.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
shrtyonasprty
Intermediate

I have an ez pass under the lid of my right sb....works great. Stopping in those oil slicks at the tolls is disaster waiting to happen. Not only is the ez pass hugely convienient, it is safer IMNSHO.
As for the phone, you might check out ram products, that stuff can turn your handle bars into a reg, dashboard of gadgets. I have one for my gps. works just fine too.
Hope this helps.
shrty

Old 05-24-2007, 02:26 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the HD coin holder pictured. I've never had to take the coin holder off, John Q. Public usually leaves a parked bike alone. Cel phone? wherever it won't fall off. Can't take a call while riding, just check the missed calls/voicemail at the next stop.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Tatsharleys
1st Gear

EZ Pass black holder suction cups to the 4 inch chopped windshield it is black and blends right in since I also painted the ez pass black looks cool as hell. Cell phone now come on when your riding who cares about it leave it in the bag

Quick Reply: Cell phone and toll money holders