Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD 103 (2011 RK) Cam -- Haul A$$

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 08:05 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 146 Posts

Of the cams you listed I'd go with the CR570, the Andrews 57s are good also. Talk to Joe Lyons @ Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno in Belton, MO. He knows his **** & is the best tuner in your area!!

Old 01-17-2017, 09:14 PM
KC Custom
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the sprocket idea. I totally forgot about that! I reached out to Scheffer and he said that the Cycle Rama cam is his cam of choice now. I wish I could find a video with someone running it. I hate not being able to hear it and watch it perform.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

Darrin Scheffer has a big following on a couple different forums and Facebook. I've met him and he seems to be the real deal. If I ever go for a dyno tune he'll be my man.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:21 AM
KC Custom
Novice

I just wanted to give an update since my upgrade. I ended up going with the S&S 551. I was going to go with the Cycle Rama cam but they were in back order for over a month and I didn't want to wait. After all my research it seems that the S&S was the most comparable to Cycle Rama's cam. So I did the Vision tuner and i am very happy with the outcome. I went from 85 up to 107 torque! Really happy with my decision. Now I need to upgrade my exhaust and air cleaner! Next winter project!

Old 05-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by KC Custom
I just wanted to give an update since my upgrade. I ended up going with the S&S 551. I was going to go with the Cycle Rama cam but they were in back order for over a month and I didn't want to wait. After all my research it seems that the S&S was the most comparable to Cycle Rama's cam. So I did the Vision tuner and i am very happy with the outcome. I went from 85 up to 107 torque! Really happy with my decision. Now I need to upgrade my exhaust and air cleaner! Next winter project!
That's good to hear on your feed back on the 551 cam. Do you still have the stock exhaust & ac? Do you have a dyno sheet you can show?

My scoot is in the shop getting the S&S551 installed and should be done today or tomorrow hopefully.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:08 AM
KC Custom
Novice

Originally Posted by Mac daddy 103
That's good to hear on your feed back on the 551 cam. Do you still have the stock exhaust & ac? Do you have a dyno sheet you can show?

My scoot is in the shop getting the S&S551 installed and should be done today or tomorrow hopefully.
I have the hyper charger A/C (it's fine) and I cut out the CAT in my header pipe and have Magnaflow slip ones (which aren't any good). I'll try to post my dyno. Let me know what numbers you pull when you get yours done. I'm thinking Dragos 2-1 exhaust and the heavy breather air cleaner should finish it off nicely next year. I am still VERY happy with the difference the cam and tuner made.

Last edited by KC Custom; 05-11-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:27 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,376 Likes on 2,625 Posts

Man, that is a serious dip, that you dont get back until 3K. Whats up with that?

Old 05-11-2017, 10:04 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

what ever they put in the 103 HO works really well for that type of low end torque. mine hangs with my buddies 110 no problem

Old 05-11-2017, 01:55 PM
B Bop
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Have a friend that states his 2013 FLHR w/57h + stage 1 has the 103HO's unable to read his license plate after hitting 5th gear....

Soooo I was sold going with same upgrade as well, Buuuut elected to go with 4+ crank sprocket giving a slight boost in low end torque as I do 45% 2 up riding as well.

B Bop

2012 FLHR (Road King) Ember Red Sunglo & Merlo
Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:04 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by B Bop
Have a friend that states his 2013 FLHR w/57h + stage 1 has the 103HO's unable to read his license plate after hitting 5th gear....

Soooo I was sold going with same upgrade as well, Buuuut elected to go with 4+ crank sprocket giving a slight boost in low end torque as I do 45% 2 up riding as well.

B Bop

2012 FLHR (Road King) Ember Red Sunglo & Merlo
Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

well mine has a stage one....and seeing as that a cam isnt going to increase your horse power ,,, just change your power curve....i would concluded that only your buddy was in that race and no one else knew one was happening

Quick Reply: HD 103 (2011 RK) Cam -- Haul A$$