Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 12:12 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Received 1,487 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by _TRAIN
Reaching out to the community, can anyone help a brother out? I'm hoping someone knows someone who has one of these triples lying around. These bars are a killer setup and I've been looking forward to getting my Heavy Hitter Lucky 13 bars on the bike. Thanks in advance!
Wish I could help you out. I went with the Kraus setup which retains the stock tree. I can tell you that going to t-barz is the best move I've made on my 20RKS. I dumped the 14" apes and couldn't be happier. I'm done with apes.

Last edited by Cornpipe; 04-29-2024 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:58 PM
_TRAIN
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great... Can you tell me more about your setup?

How high? What bars? How tall are you? Enough pullback?

Old 04-28-2024, 07:38 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Looks great... Can you tell me more about your setup?

How high? What bars? How tall are you? Enough pullback?
I'm running their 10" kickback risers and FM Motobar. I didn't think I would like how the setup was making me lean forward a bit, but after awhile I really liked the riding position vs sitting back and slouching. It's alittle more of an aggressive riding position and I run this bike as a solo ride and I'm 6'3". Keep in mind you will need to buy a new riser cover that allows them to pass through the two holes. This type of cover allows you to hide the headlight housing seam. If you don't cover that seam it looks like crap. I could only find the cover in chrome and had it powder coated black. I also had to buy long stem mirrors because the ones I was running with the apes wouldn't clear my shoulders since I lost the height of 14" apes down to 12" with the new risers and h-bar.

Riser cover in black.

Riser cover.

Another shot.

Good shot from the rear of the FM Motobar bar and Kraus risers.

Lepera solo seat.

Here's the cover you'll need.

Last edited by Cornpipe; 04-28-2024 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:12 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 136 Posts

Sorry to beat a dead horse here guys...

I really want to put these 1.5" thick Lucky Dave's Heavy Hitter TBars on my RKS. Picked some up last year but they're useless without the matching Triple Tree.

This Lucky Dave's Triple Tree has been out of stock for a long time and I am trying to track one down. At this point I'm wondering if anyone has even heard of a bike with this setup. The Heavy Hitter triple tree is made for our Road Kings exclusively.

I've called LD and they are very kind but can not let me know when it's coming back in stock.

I've called shops and dealers all over SoCal with no luck. I check eBay everyday lol.

Reaching out to the community, can anyone help a brother out? I'm hoping someone knows someone who has one of these triples lying around. These bars are a killer setup and I've been looking forward to getting my Heavy Hitter Lucky 13 bars on the bike.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry can't help with where to find the upper tree, but I am running it with the HH Sevens. It is a very nice set up. I have the same cover as mentioned above but in black. I did have to trim the side of the cover so the wider bars would fit. Everything came out nice, in my opinion.

Old 04-29-2024, 06:51 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by coopmonte
Sorry can't help with where to find the upper tree, but I am running it with the HH Sevens. It is a very nice set up. I have the same cover as mentioned above but in black. I did have to trim the side of the cover so the wider bars would fit. Everything came out nice, in my opinion.
They look great Monte, nice install job! A++

Old 05-03-2024, 01:55 AM
_TRAIN
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by coopmonte
Good lord, you're the first person I've ever even heard of owing a LD HH triple tree. Until now I thought it was a figment of my imagination. Do you have any pics of it?

Thanks Cornpipe for the pics. The Kraus are badass. What kind of overall pull back do you have with that setup?

I bought a couple of those covers, anticipating either a 3.5 or 4.5 on center setup. I'm ready to go here, just gotta get the right parts.

Old 05-04-2024, 10:19 AM
vianos
Intermediate
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Just wanted to show off my bike 2019 RKS, detailed and ceramic coating done on it that day. Next improvement will be some different bars but no idea what I should go with. I just need about another two more inches pull back so I can lean back into the back rest for longer rides.

The following 2 users liked this post by vianos:
Gizmo83 (05-06-2024), krvnrch (05-05-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 02:42 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Good lord, you're the first person I've ever even heard of owing a LD HH triple tree. Until now I thought it was a figment of my imagination. Do you have any pics of it?

Thanks Cornpipe for the pics. The Kraus are badass. What kind of overall pull back do you have with that setup?

I bought a couple of those covers, anticipating either a 3.5 or 4.5 on center setup. I'm ready to go here, just gotta get the right parts.
I looked and sorry, I do not have any pics of when I put it together. I tend to get things done and then remember that I should have taken pictures. If I have to pull it apart anytime soon I will snap a few.

The following users liked this post:
_TRAIN (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 02:45 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Originally Posted by vianos
Just wanted to show off my bike 2019 RKS, detailed and ceramic coating done on it that day. Next improvement will be some different bars but no idea what I should go with. I just need about another two more inches pull back so I can lean back into the back rest for longer rides.
Great looking King. I have always liked that color, every time I see it I just picture black ghost flames which would be bad*ss.

vianos (05-04-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 10:18 PM
rdking18
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First post here. There are some nice looking rides in here. I did a few mods on mine 14''kst renegades,avon grips, leds all around, cobra neighbor haters slipons, custom axel nut covers, tank dash insert, flush mount gas cap and gauge, kuryakin mtx road thunder and just got a road warrior fairing. The fairing I purchased used and it didn't come with the mounting docking ''nubs''. I can't find them anywhere and Memphis shades was no help. Does anyone know where I could find a set or have some that I could buy? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

AMP'd (05-07-2024)

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD