Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This stock seat...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:40 AM
DAWG_6
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This stock seat...

ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I've added memory foam, taken away memory foam, scooted up, scooted back, I've done everything possible (sans purchase a new seat) on this freakin' thing - and it still sucks big time. I know MeanCity will reshape it for me....I know I can purchase another seat. I put my Road King Sundowner seat on today just to see if that helped.....It was wonderful.....(and I used to hate that seat!)

So, having b!tched about that, here's my question:

Why do I have to send my seat out to be 'reshaped' or purchase a new one, or rig up a seat not even designed for my bike, when I just shelled out 20+ for a brand new motorcycle from the Motor Company and the f*ing seat is completely horrible????? Do these clowns test these things? It's like there are two golf ***** under the pad sticking right up each a$$ cheek!!

[sm=WTFsgign.gif] WTF??????????????????

Okay, I feel better now.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:49 AM
PSO169
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This stock seat...

My stock seat on my Ultra was killing me on my way home yesterday. I did over 350 miles returning from the ROT rally and running through Luckenbach. I was hurting by the time I got home. 20K for a bike with a 10 cent seat

Jeff

Old 06-05-2007, 02:00 AM
bluehwytn
Advanced

I've had the same feeling about every stock motorcycle seat that I've owned. I've come to the conclusion that it's the last part that any bike manufacturer looks at. It seems to me that the average rider that every bike manufacturer looks at is under 5 feet tall and weighs 80 lbs or less, hopefully I haven't offended anyone in that size or height group, it's just a statement. I've always either purchased another seat or had them sent off to sargent cycle to work their magic. For my 06 flhti stock seat it's going to mean city cycles shortly since I plan on doing an extended trip and the badlander seat will just not work for that.

Scott

Old 06-05-2007, 02:02 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Most folks replace their seat eventually. I went from the stock seat, to the Sundowner and now I have the Mustang Solo w/ detachable backrest - the search is over.

Ride Safe.
Hack

Old 06-05-2007, 02:12 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never had an OEM seat ever fit me right... Have had the Sundowner on my last few Putts with GREAT results and quickly changed out the OEM seat on the RG with yet another Sundowner - Works for me...

WHY??? There is no such thing as a seat that will fit every one - every time...

Old 06-05-2007, 02:23 AM
scotchrick05
Cruiser

Maybe you have an irregularly shaped a$$.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:26 AM
DAWG_6
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: scotchrick05

Maybe you have an irregularly shaped a$$.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Ain't that the truth!!!!!!! I'm ordering a Mustang....I had one on a Sporty I owned.....I'll give it a try......I still say it's Bull$hit that they can't put a Sundowner or Mustang knockoff on the freaking thing to begin with......I've read a ton of threads on these sorry a$$ seats. Not to mention my own irregular sorry a$$!!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<sigh> Guys....is this yer first bike? Ah'm sorry, but ah'll be blamed iffen thar's ANY manufacturer that makes a stock OEM seat that pleases EVERYone! No matter what, it ain't gonna fit someone. Hear the same 'plaints on Goldwing boards, etc. An' if any ONE aftermarket manufacturer could come up with a design that would make everyone happy, that'd be the end of it, too, right? Well, how many are there?!???

Yer right - the OEM saddle sux - ah kin barely walk.....we're 'bout 1300 miles into our trip here, an' be danged iffen ah know how we're gonna do the 400 miles today....or tomorrow......

Old 06-05-2007, 09:48 AM
berettag
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

" It's like there are two golf ***** under the pad sticking right up each a$$ cheek!!"

Carefull how you sit... you may get a hole in one!!!!! [sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
yoopermjm
Tourer

I like my stock seat and have no intentions of changing it.

Different strokes...

Quick Reply: This stock seat...