Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running Rinehart full exhaust with the new EPA friendly SE Street Pro tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 PM
itznin
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Anyone running Rinehart full exhaust with the new EPA friendly SE Street Pro tuner?

Does anyone have Rinehart full exhaust with high-flow air cleaner and the new SE Street Pro Tuner?

If so how is the tuning? Did you Dyno or use the software on your own?

I have this configuration and it runs terrible, I'm wondering if it is the tuner or another issue. Would love to hear others with the same setup. FWIW I have Rinehart Slimline Duals 4"

Old 05-18-2017, 12:05 AM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by itznin
Does anyone have Rinehart full exhaust with high-flow air cleaner and the new SE Street Pro Tuner?

I have this configuration and it runs terrible, I'm wondering if it is the tuner or another issue. Would love to hear others with the same setup. FWIW I have Rinehart Slimline Duals 4"
====================================

You gave us squat to work with here.

*What yr bike/model/engine size etc are we talking about?

* Any other engine mods,cams etc?

* What exactly do you mean by running bad?

Does it just run poorly at cruise,WOT or generally crappy all the way around at idle/cruise & WOT?

Explain how its running in all areas of throttle position.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:20 AM
itznin
Road Captain

Originally Posted by wscott
====================================

You gave us squat to work with here.

*What yr bike/model/engine size etc are we talking about?

* Any other engine mods,cams etc?

* What exactly do you mean by running bad?

Does it just run poorly at cruise,WOT or generally crappy all the way around at idle/cruise & WOT?

Explain how its running in all areas of throttle position.
Understood that I'm a little light on info for my specific situation but that is because my intent was to find someone with the same setup so I can open a dialog with that person.

I have a 2016 Road King with a basic Stage 1 (full exhaust and high flow air filter) no additional engine mods.

The full details of my issues are in another thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1173370-2016-roadking-with-rinehart-slimline-duals-bike-is-bucking-not-lugging-need-advice.html

Old 05-18-2017, 10:26 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

i have the SE race tuner....do they not sell that anymore? if not and you do a full stage 1 minus cats.... i dont think the street tuner would work very well its an EPA compliant tune

Old 05-18-2017, 12:41 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by itznin

get a power vision from fuel Moto, tell them what you have and they will supply the map. if you make any changes, let them know and they will supply new map.

fuel Moto is a great company to work with.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:11 PM
itznin
Road Captain

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
i have the SE race tuner....do they not sell that anymore? if not and you do a full stage 1 minus cats.... i dont think the street tuner would work very well its an EPA compliant tune
No after the EPA settlement all SE "race tuners" (orange box) have been bought back by the MoCo and destroyed as per the official documents online.

As of now they ONLY sell the SE Pro Street Tuner (P/N: 41000008C) which is EPA compliant.

My issue may very well be that it is not possible to get a working tune with my Stage 1 setup and this tuner. I know you have contributed to my other thread and know all about my issue by now... But again I'm looking for others with the same setup: 103 engine, Rinehart full exhaust, open air cleaner

Old 05-18-2017, 08:15 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 321 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyL
get a power vision from fuel Moto, tell them what you have and they will supply the map. if you make any changes, let them know and they will supply new map.

fuel Moto is a great company to work with.
Problem solved! The Power vision is so much more than a tuner as well.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Stel67
Tourer
Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the same set up on my 16 SGS but I am running a power vision not the SE tuner. Bike runs great and I am getting right around 42 mpg. I know it's a hard pill to swallow but **** can that SE tuner and get the power vision you will not be sorry. I was running a PC 5 and bike ran like crap. Was well worth the extra cost to get the right tuner.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:27 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 321 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Stel67
I have the same set up on my 16 SGS but I am running a power vision not the SE tuner. Bike runs great and I am getting right around 42 mpg. I know it's a hard pill to swallow but **** can that SE tuner and get the power vision you will not be sorry. I was running a PC 5 and bike ran like crap. Was well worth the extra cost to get the right tuner.
Who supplied the tune on your Power Vision?

Old 05-18-2017, 08:42 PM
itznin
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Stel67
Yeah I know but trying not to blow my warranty on a bike with 120 miles on it.... But what good is it if the bike runs like ****?

I'm willing to bike the bullet and retune with a new tuner if that is 100% the problem.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Rinehart full exhaust with the new EPA friendly SE Street Pro tuner?