Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Harbor Freight M/C lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 05:03 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
If you've got the room to get a straight shot at parking the bike, the lift really doesn't take up any extra room if you park on it.
^^^This. I park right on mine, don't even use the wheel vice.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below... For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 07-03-2017, 06:37 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

My bike stays on mine all the time. Best money I've spent, sure makes service so much easier.

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Harbor Freight M/C lift-1499124938850.jpg  
Old 07-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Shanebo
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by beary
Can the table be moved around with the bike sitting on it. I would also like to use it as a dolly to move the bike around the garage.

Beary
Yes, it can.

Smooth floor helps, and making sure that the bike is secure is wise.

Shane

Old 07-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

It has been a great lift so far. The pic shows the ramp I made because the one that comes with it is just too steep to push it on. I had a pair of those folding ramps to load an ATV into the back of a truck that I never did use. I just used the one half and pinned it to the lift, makes pushing it on a breeze.
As far as the chock that comes with it I tossed it without even trying it. The one HB sells for $35 works perfect.
I see your tie downs are still in the same place. You need to move them forward about 12" so you can safely tie down the front end. I also made a small wooden box the same height as the lowered table to put the kickstand on, otherwise you need help.
My lift right now is at a buddy's house being used to work on snowmobiles. You can drive right onto the table, put a 6" block under the belly pan and lift that bad boy up. Sorry if I high jacked this.

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Harbor Freight M/C lift-2004-08-29-22.12.38.jpg  
Old 07-04-2017, 08:09 AM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

i would encourge you to check the oil in the jack. mine was very low at purchase and i had to add oil to it.

this could prevent early jack or jack seal failure.

i hope yours is good as sold.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:10 AM
Daddy454
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 144 Posts

Did you paint/powder that wheel chock?I have the same one,and it's the standard gray one.Never even thought about painting to match.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseDyna
Would anyone be able to share why they would want to have a lift vs. a high quality jack?
A table lift will lift a bike higher than a J&S or a Pitbull. A higher working platform for things that don't require wheel removal are easier in my opinion. They also create a place for laying tools and parts without kicking them around. On twin cams it makes engine removal, belt replacement and other chores that require supporting the trans, engine or frame from the bottom a little easier. Don't get me wrong, a J&S will do it all but a table lift is better for certain things.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:33 PM
pdbuzz
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy454
Did you paint/powder that wheel chock?I have the same one,and it's the standard gray one.Never even thought about painting to match.
Nope, I got it off Ebay that way. I had an orange one that I was going to put on it (it was originally for my trailer) but I spotted the red one on Ebay and said 'well, ok!', so I got to 'color coordinate' my lift!

Old 07-05-2017, 12:50 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,138 Likes on 3,348 Posts

My buddy has one of these and its great. Had it for years and uses it often. I would have gone that route too but wasn't thrilled about putting my RK on or taking it off while standing with my hands up in the air holding the bars. I went with a lift which hangs the wheels off. Probably never change wheels myself,which is the ironic part, but it allows me to spin the bike around in my garage , making it MUCH easier to drive out in the AM for work.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:28 PM
PWMORRIS
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by pdbuzz
Nope, I got it off Ebay that way. I had an orange one that I was going to put on it (it was originally for my trailer) but I spotted the red one on Ebay and said 'well, ok!', so I got to 'color coordinate' my lift!
Cool....
So, is the hand spun front wheel vice that comes with it junk? I've heard that before. If you order another hand cranked vice, is there one that bolts where the stock one was, or do you have to re drill and mount the new one? Link?
Thanks-

Also,
Why the straps and tie downs? None of the bikes at my buddies shop (Handy lifts) tie them down. Just roll me' up, squeeze the front tire in the vise, and good to go.

Quick Reply: 2017 Harbor Freight M/C lift