Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Audio Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 07:48 AM
baz0157
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boom Audio Issue

For all you 2017 guys, not sure if this applies to older models.

I've read the owners manual and I've played around with all the settings and still can't figure it out.

On rides I listen to my Sirius or my Pandora via Bluetooth from my phone. For long rides, I try an plug the phone into the usb port so that it will charge. However, when plugged in, the radio will not allow me to play Sirius or Pandora anymore. It says no playable media found.

Is there a way to use the usb to charge the phone and still have use of my music apps??

Old 07-10-2017, 08:24 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Yes, just go back into the media setting (the screen that allows you to choose radio-satellite-media-etc) and change it back to whatever input you want. When you plug it in the radio automatically try's to play it as another media input.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:45 PM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Yep, that's the right answer. I went thru the same thing, this new technology is pretty amazing for us guys that started out with an 8 Track.

www.longrideshields.com

The following users liked this post:
BobbyJones (08-02-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 05:23 PM
baz0157
Intermediate

Thanks guys, I have the bike out tonight at work, I'm going to play around with it again this evening. So far, I still haven't been able to switch while plugged in.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:42 PM
baz0157
Intermediate

Well, been out there for a while now... turn on the bike, and Pandora and Sirius both stream via Bluetooth. Plug my usb cord in and the music stops and the radio says no playable media found. Tried going back to the home screen and hitting media and iPhone again, but still no music while the phone is plugged in.

I guess I'm just going to have to make sure I'm fully charged on long rides. The suffer with FM radio while my phone is plugged in and charging.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:18 AM
justgeorge
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you can't figure out what the issue is, and I agree with the other guys it should be able to do both, get an extra battery pack it will charge the phone five or six times over.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:29 PM
baz0157
Intermediate

Well, just an update, I still haven't been able to play Pandora or Sirius while the phone is plugged into the factory usb port. Was at my local dealership this week and had one of the techs check it out.. .Same results, he couldn't figure it out either.

So, looks like I'm going to have to install a separate charging cable in the rear bags for my phone. Apparently, apple is the only phone having this issue. Maybe if there is a software update for the boom audio in the future it will address this issue.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:17 AM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Not sure about Apple (I've got Android) but I have a USB connection mode setting that forces the phone to connect in "charge only" mode rather than whatever it detects automatically. Might want to dig through your USB settings if they exist.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Supra8903
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the fix... I had same issue with my iPhone and my car.

its your phone, not the bike.
after you plug it in the phone thinks its going to run nthrough the cord and switches off of the Bluetooth connection.

drag your finger up from the bottom of the phone, it should bring up a screen, you need to click on airplay

joe

Originally Posted by baz0157
Well, just an update, I still haven't been able to play Pandora or Sirius while the phone is plugged into the factory usb port. Was at my local dealership this week and had one of the techs check it out.. .Same results, he couldn't figure it out either.

So, looks like I'm going to have to install a separate charging cable in the rear bags for my phone. Apparently, apple is the only phone having this issue. Maybe if there is a software update for the boom audio in the future it will address this issue.

The following users liked this post:
baz0157 (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 09:55 AM
rkc915
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You've probably already tried this but after you get plugged in and the bike started, kill the app on your phone and re-start it. Sometimes the apps get confused about where they are supposed to play.

Quick Reply: Boom Audio Issue