Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions, may trade Cvo Road King for a Road King Special

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 12:11 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

seek your own counsel is best advice. only you know what's best for you.

my counsel, keep the cvo

The following users liked this post:
Fallenares (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,693 Likes on 827 Posts

I think the MOCO, will come out with a RKSCVO in the next couple years, then you would have best of both worlds. Plus the bugs should be worked out of the M8's

Last edited by Magnut1; 07-20-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:09 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,713 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Nope. Far cheaper to make your CVO look like a special, but better because of your CVO paint.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:41 PM
Fallenares
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
Nope. Far cheaper to make your CVO look like a special, but better because of your CVO paint.
Thank you all for your input.

I love all the flake on the Cvo paint, but I'm not a fan of the tribal that's on it. To me, it makes it look dated. The other issue I'm asking myself is, Is it really cheaper making my Cvo look like a special. The term of the new loan is shorter than the original because I received a better interest rate and I'm getting a good amount for my Cvo and a good price on the bike. Making mine look like a special, The biggest cost are the wheels will required new rotors install kit, painting the Cvo to get rid of the tribal, which is sacrilege painting a Cvo lol and a bunch of powder coating. I'm leaning towards special right now, but I'm still going to go and see about accessories and finalize somethings. If I'm not liking the situation I'll just keep mine.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:50 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by B Bop
Best advise I can provide is, be your own person and stop relying on what others believe.
With all respect, your are intruding. This is a forum, talking about our bikes is why we are here.

OP, I'm kind of with Greg, if you are thinking seriously about it, I would go for it. But, the practical side of me (like owning three Harleys if practical) says wait two weeks to get past the impulse and see how you feel about the trade then. The bike will still be there.

Beary

Old 07-20-2017, 01:52 PM
nj08SEUltra
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

I have somewhat relevant experience. After owning a 2008 CVO Ultra and a 2012 CVO Ultra, I "downgraded" to a 2016 Road Glide Special (103 vs. 110). I modified the Road Glide with true duals, SE Super Tuner, Scream'n Eagle slip ons, and lowers. I now believe that less is more. Part of my satisfaction is due to the fixed fairing, but I also enjoy the more minimalist approach: no heated seat, no heated grips, no excessive heat, less weight. My 2 cents.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:53 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,713 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallenares

I love all the flake on the Cvo paint, but I'm not a fan of the tribal that's on it. To me, it makes it look dated. The other issue I'm asking myself is, Is it really cheaper making my Cvo look like a special. The term of the new loan is shorter than the original because I received a better interest rate and I'm getting a good amount for my Cvo and a good price on the bike. Making mine look like a special, The biggest cost are the wheels will required new rotors install kit, painting the Cvo to get rid of the tribal, which is sacrilege painting a Cvo lol and a bunch of powder coating. I'm leaning towards special right now, but I'm still going to go and see about accessories and finalize somethings. If I'm not liking the situation I'll just keep mine.
In THAT case... I'd make the trade. Personally, I love the tribal, but... my wife tells me I am a little "dated" too, so...

The best part is - I don't think you can make a "bad" decision either way.

Fallenares (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 02:33 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,693 Likes on 3,240 Posts

IMO the bike you have now in that green/black scheme is one of the best-looking bikes the MOCO has produced in the last ten years.

So I side with those who say "keep it".

Fallenares (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 244 Likes on 194 Posts

I would probably keep the CVO by the way very nice looking King but if you want M8 RK special you are not going loose much power your ride will be improved. Your CVO will hold it's value better then non CVO King and who knows when or if another CVO King in the near future.

Fallenares (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 04:39 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallenares

It feels like you've made up your mind and are seeking validation rather than merely opinions.
You say the CVO paint feels dated, I say everybody and their brother has a blacked out bike nowadays. The CVO is a special and reasonably unique bike. Certainly not one you'll likely to find yourself parked next to.
I can certainly understand the desire to move on and if you're ready then trade.
My opinion though, keep the CVO.

Fallenares (07-20-2017)

Quick Reply: Need opinions, may trade Cvo Road King for a Road King Special