Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some qestions answered

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 05:54 PM
1 Salty Dawg
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some qestions answered

New to the forum and wanted to get some questions answered. I currently have a 02 Bigdog "Pitbull" and now I'm looking for something to put some miles on. I really like the RKC but wanted to know if anyone has 12.5 or 14 inch apes on theirs. I'm also looking at adding an extended nacelle from BadDad.com and have it painted to match the bike. My big question is should I get a RK or RKC...I really like the hard bags but not sure if it would becheaperto just switch the bags vice lowering the bike andall the stripping of chrome to get the RKC look. Anyadvice will surely helpin my choice of bikes.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some qestions answered

You got to go with what YOU like. Buy it to please you, not to please the opinions of others. Most of us are prejudiced toward the bike we ride. I'd recommend the Road King Classic, because I ride one. So, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck in picking YOUR bike.

Hack

Old 06-10-2007, 10:22 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine are 12.5" and I like the hard Bags but that's just me. Get what you like and what will make you most happy. I don't give a F**k what others think, just ask my wife.LOL

Old 06-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really pleased with my 2000 FLHT, but like bteft said, YOU'VE got to be happy with whatever you get, so get what YOU like. Might be good to think about what kind of riding you want to do -- commuting, pleasure, road trips, etc. That would probably help with your decision.

Hey, almost forgot to say, welcome from Kansas City.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:42 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a rk custom. I was thinking of adding the hard bags, and still might, but not until I wear out the leather ones. The big thing for me was the lock feature on the hard bag. Bought the kit to put one on my bike, and am very happy with it. For my money, the rk custom was the perfect bike. And just looks smoother than the standard or the classic, IMO. '07 is the last year of the rk custom, so, if you like it, grab one while you still have a choice on color. The suspension is lowered from the factory on my bike, which adds to the sleekness. Again, JMHO.

ALSO, WELCOME to the forum from Albuquerque. Don't hesitate to ask all the questions you have. There are a lot of folks here with a ton of knowledge about HD.

EDIT: Forgot to answer about the apes. LOL. I have 18" on mine, and love them. Puts my hands right at shoulder height. I am 6'1" and weigh, roughly, 350 lbs.