Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD Wireless Interface Module install with pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by AFSOC_Commando
Have you paired your Uclear with the new Whim module? I am fully in the Uclear camp and all my helmets are wired for the Uclear. Don't feel like starting over in the Bluetooth helmet side of things.
Yes sir. Haven't tried them out on the road yet to see how it does fully. Will be getting to that tomorrow. Weathered been rainy here. Today was first day of sunshine since I installed but I have other things I need to get done

Old 09-04-2017, 09:44 PM
17RGS
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the great photos. Cant wait for my module to arrive.
for info I went to the Oakland HD dealer yesterday and was able to pair my Cardo Q3 headset with a 2018 CVO Road Glide. So it will work with a non HD or Sena bluetooth. Just make sure your headset is no longer paired with your phone. The headset needs to be paired only with the WHIM.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:12 PM
HDamont5
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my module waiting on cable and was wondering if the usb cable could just be run into the phone cubby in the fairing? I would rather drill an access hole than take off tank. Thoughts? See anything that would prevent it working? Thanks for write up and pics. I'm going to do it myself thanks to you!!

Old 09-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by HDamont5
Got my module waiting on cable and was wondering if the usb cable could just be run into the phone cubby in the fairing? I would rather drill an access hole than take off tank. Thoughts? See anything that would prevent it working? Thanks for write up and pics. I'm going to do it myself thanks to you!!
I mean if you want to drill a hole any thing is possible. I don't tho k I would do that since it is a big connector. Also with how big the connector is, it could limit you being able to put your phone in there

The following users liked this post:
HDamont5 (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 07:38 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

On the pre '18 CVO SG, the headset connector is to the left of the boom. As I understand it, that becomes disconnected now with this mod. Could the USB cable be located to that position? Size of the plug appears to be similar

Old 09-07-2017, 08:31 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,618 Likes on 5,178 Posts

Mine was installed yesterday. Everything working as it should. Works with my Sena S20's and my Cardo Q3's.
With two head sets one has volume controlled by the front and the other by the rear control. On the RGU.
Also the wire connections still work. I hooked my wired headsets up to try it Did not have to change any settings. And yes the mic works also.

The following users liked this post:
Bluehighways (09-09-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Jjpmach1
Cruiser
Received 93 Likes on 25 Posts

I just got the system & installed it on my 2014 Ultra. Riding to the dealer tomorrow for a flash

Old 09-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Jjpmach1
Cruiser

It's installed and working. Took a bit if fiddling with down the road to get it setup properly. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the phone conversation loud enough. GPS is loud. Not phone. So it'll take some more messing around.

But it works just like the hard wired headset I replaced.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:15 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Mine was installed yesterday. Everything working as it should. Works with my Sena S20's and my Cardo Q3's.
With two head sets one has volume controlled by the front and the other by the rear control. On the RGU.
Also the wire connections still work. I hooked my wired headsets up to try it Did not have to change any settings. And yes the mic works also.
This was a concern of mine. I thought it might be a "one or the other", but not both. I'd like the flexibility and am interested if this continues to work flawlessly for you or any others who choose to switch between wireless and hardwired.

Originally Posted by Jjpmach1
I just got the system & installed it on my 2014 Ultra. Riding to the dealer tomorrow for a flash
Since you have the same year and model I'm considering the install on, I'd be interested in hearing how your's works out. This would be a winter project IF it works as designed.

Thanks to the OP for getting the ball rolling.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Jjpmach1
Cruiser

Total cost from the dealer (2014 needs a different harness) was $700

More than I wanted to spend, but, it configures nicely with the Boom system. And I can Use Siri easily. with the past bluetooth connectors, it was always a pain in the *** remembering to tap, click, press for 3 seconds, press for 6 seconds. I don't have to do that with the Harley unit, it is all right there in the setup screen.

Quick Reply: New HD Wireless Interface Module install with pics