Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S Jack- Horrible Quality Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Serdvd6
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lmar
Damm this is frustrating! I was going to order one in February. Now I’m reconsidering.
I would not let this stop you, the jack is heavy duty and solid, yea I had the bottle leak, but like I said mine was out of warranty and they still took care of it and I didn't even ask them too

Old 01-15-2018, 08:49 PM
tomve
Tourer
Received 185 Likes on 111 Posts

I'm curious, how many who had bottle jack quality issues were frustrated enough to return the entire J&S Jack back for a refund? I'm not defending J&S' bottle jack quality. Just trying to get a read on the frustration level of the problem.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:19 PM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Most of the guys bitching never owned one. Can’t afford one or Are happy with the crappy HF/ Sears. Good on them. I like my J&S and would buy again. If I had room I’d own a handy lift with front and back drop outs. J&S next best option.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:47 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 879 Likes on 382 Posts

I've had my J&S Jack for 6 years and have never had a problem. I use it to work on the bike, when washing the bike, working on the riding mower, and I even used it to drop the gas tank out of my truck when the fuel pump failed.
You simply can't beat the build quality and construction of these jacks.

When I see my $20,000 beauty jacked up in the air, I'm glad I bought a J&S Jack.

The following users liked this post:
RATFINK53 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 11:47 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingSkeet
Most of the guys bitching never owned one. Can’t afford one or Are happy with the crappy HF/ Sears. Good on them. I like my J&S and would buy again. If I had room I’d own a handy lift with front and back drop outs. J&S next best option.
I had my J&S jack for ten years years now with no issues. Maybe I the lucky one, it was one the first things I bought when I got my first bike at age 49. Last year I went all in and purchased a K&L MC655R table lift with front and rear drop outs. which is a game changer for us old guy's. However, the J&S jack is less work to get the bike in the air.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:43 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,027 Likes on 505 Posts

I bought mine on black Friday and it was delivered several weeks ago. Finally had time and decent weather to assemble and give it a try today. Only used it a few times, but no leakage at this point. Talk about heavy duty and rock solid, great lift. I'm old, fat, and lazy, probably should have spent the extra and added the air/oil setup. May pick up a stand for winter storage.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:49 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
no, it isn't just 'one' incident, but it isn't every one of them either. and if you do happen to get one that does, they take care of you.

i wouldn't hesitate to purchase one
I just finally got mine together yesterday. I bought my jack on Black Friday.

My buddy has had one about 5 years, his bottle jack has failed twice. One they replaced no problem, the 2nd one failed this month, They told him he needs to buy a new one for $40+ shipping...not all that comforting on a unit this expensive with this many failures.

Old 01-21-2018, 03:58 PM
IGG
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vistavette
I just finally got mine together yesterday. I bought my jack on Black Friday.

My buddy has had one about 5 years, his bottle jack has failed twice. One they replaced no problem, the 2nd one failed this month, They told him he needs to buy a new one for $40+ shipping...not all that comforting on a unit this expensive with this many failures.
Amazon Amazon

Tell your buddy to get one on amazon. Same one and a lot cheaper.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:00 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by IGG
https://www.amazon.com/Omega-10065B-.../dp/B002KRUCHC

Tell your buddy to get one on amazon. Same one and a lot cheaper.
Thanks, I will

Old 01-22-2018, 07:29 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
When I pay a premium price for something, I expect a premium product.
When it does not deliver that, I am not happy.
That's what I pay the premium price for.
I don't want to hear some BS.
A premium company should stay on top of "Weak Links". When an issue arises, the supplier should be notified, and the problem fixed. If not, get another supplier. If you find you cannot feel confident in the quality control then, you initiate your own quality control of the suspect item. The bs must CEASE. If not, it could wreck your reputation, or worse. Who knows, if it could become a safety issue, it could also be where the SHTF.
If this was the first bottle jack issue, fine, but obviously, it is not.
How many front wheels falling off brand new Harley Davidsons would be acceptable? "Well buddy, it looks like you got the bad one" - would that be acceptable if it was YOURS?
Oh, you mean like Harley and the ongoing water pump or the sumping or the Trans oil transfer or the wheel bearings or the old 'wobble..........

Quick Reply: J&S Jack- Horrible Quality Control