Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive International Motorcycle show

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 07:52 PM
ajnigli
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Progressive International Motorcycle show

Hey All,
Anybody been to the Progressive International Motorcycle show recently or in years past? The show roles into IL in 2 weeks and I am wondering if it is a good event.
Anybody been to the show this season?

Old 01-30-2018, 08:17 PM
jbfb
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ajnigli
Hey All,
Anybody been to the Progressive International Motorcycle show recently or in years past? The show roles into IL in 2 weeks and I am wondering if it is a good event.
Anybody been to the show this season?
Haven't been this year yet, but have been to the one in Rosemont IL several times in the last bunch of years. It's usually a pretty good show, especially if you're looking for something in particular. Lots of the vendors that show up are willing to deal on their wares. I'll likely be going again.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Didn't go this year, but did attend the Minneapolis show in the past couple years, was okay. Kind of a nice winter break, seeing all the different bikes and other related vendors.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 PM
ajnigli
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 53 Posts

Yeah I am looking at the shark modular helmet. Entertaining the idea of going to a full face but like the modular style of the shark helmets. Nobody seems to carry that brand and since I wear a half helmet now, I need to put on a full face to see if I can even stomach it.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:35 PM
Statuesque
Cruiser
Received 102 Likes on 44 Posts

I have been to the show in Rosemont and also in Minneapolis within recent years. Not sure if it was the difference in venues, but there were many more vendors at Rosemont vs. Minneapolis. IMO the IL show was larger & much better.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:45 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Seattle a few years back. I would love to get to go again if it ever comes that close to us I will definitely try and make it.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:13 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,404 Likes on 2,635 Posts

Snooze fest if you've been to a couple of them. Something to do motorcycle related in the winter I suppose.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:47 PM
17VelRedSGS
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I went last weekend in Cleveland. Pretty good show. I wish there had been some more vintage/show bikes, but the new bike displays were good. Get $4 off coupons at your local dealer.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:27 PM
jbfb
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ajnigli
Yeah I am looking at the shark modular helmet. Entertaining the idea of going to a full face but like the modular style of the shark helmets. Nobody seems to carry that brand and since I wear a half helmet now, I need to put on a full face to see if I can even stomach it.
On a side note, I have a shark and I like it a lot. If it fits your head shape it is a handy thing to be able to go from full to 3/4 ish and back in a flash. Super easy to lock and unlock the chin feature and slide it back and forth, especially after a bit of practice.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:42 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,319 Likes on 864 Posts

The Progressive shows differ depending on location. Some have far more interesting presentations than others, especially the world travelers and such.

Vendors are the usual show vendors.

Tis worthwhile going to see what the new bikes are. Not all manufacturers will be present, but many will, especially the bigger names.

Quick Reply: Progressive International Motorcycle show