Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is riding to Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 12:57 PM
PsycleFreak
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who is riding to Sturgis

Riding from Lincoln Nebraska. Not a long ways but is an all day'er!! Around650 miles or so......
Cant wait!!!

Old 06-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Peck
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heading that way from KC been two other times, going to try to do it all in one day 800 miles shouldn't be too hard for me on my streetglide, I'm more concerned about the two other guys going with me on a sportster and a hardtail. Anyway see ya there I will be the guy on a black motorcycle with long hair and a black t-shirt on.

Old 06-24-2007, 02:44 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 349 Posts

Riding from Omaha, first time. Can't wait!

Old 06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Peck

Heading that way from KC been two other times, going to try to do it all in one day 800 miles shouldn't be too hard for me on my streetglide, I'm more concerned about the two other guys going with me on a sportster and a hardtail. Anyway see ya there I will be the guy on a black motorcycle with long hair and a black t-shirt on.
OK, I'll watch for Ya!

Old 06-24-2007, 10:12 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm shipping the bike out to the west coast of canada and riding back to the east coast....Sturgis is somewhere inbetween.....

Old 06-24-2007, 10:15 PM
hartick
Tourer

to everyone in nebraska, i will be coming out of grand island, if anyone wants to meet somewhere for the final couple miles, im down.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 159 Posts

ORIGINAL: Arizona

My dad and I ride from San Diego on Aug 1st... Up thru Calif, into Oregon to the Washington state line... Then east thru Idaho, Montana, thru Wyoming and into SD... Then we take the southern route home...
Went with my Dad for the first time last year. It is 10 days I will never forget. We had a great time. We took a very similar route starting from my house in Portland. Portland to Missoula via Lolo pass the first night. Kept getting better and better each day. Don't miss Beartooth highway or Yellowstone.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:53 AM
kong00us
Cruiser

Biggzed .........Going with my brother and 2 other guysand Leaving from AlbanyOregon 8/2/07and taking the same route you did last year.Sound like a blast.My only concern is the futhest I've ever ridden is to Reno but I think I'll be ok...were planning on riding all the way but we have a toy hauler to help if someone wimps outand top sleep in once we get there.Brother went last year and said the same thing you did it was something he would never forget...

Old 06-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 159 Posts

Small world kong00us. I grew up in Albany. Parents still lives there. Bought the RG from AMC. In fact, it will be there next weekend for some final touches I negotiated into the deal. Ride safe. The whole route we took was:

Day 1 - Portland to Missoula via Lolo pass
Day 2 - Missoula to Silver gate via Beartooth
Day 3 - Silver gate, through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, and Jackson to Rock Springs, WY. Had to meet the rest of the bunch coming out of N. CA.
Day 4 - Rock Springs to Sturgis

Home
Day 1 - Sturgis to Cody, but went by Devils Tower
Day 2 - Cody to Ontario, OR. Went back through Yellowstone, also went through Craters Park in ID.
Day 3 - Ontario to Portland. I-84 the whole way. My comp nut started to loosen up the night before and was making a bit of a racket, so we stayed on the Interstate.

Like I said, amazing trip. Here's a couple of pics.

Top of Beartooth

Yellowstone

Grand Tetons

Beartooth Highway

Old 06-25-2007, 01:20 PM
PA SILVERBACK
Tourer

I'll be there on the 5th,Then The Wife is Flying out to meet me on the 6th..She'll be Flying back out on the 9th, So I'll have a few days to enjoy the Scenery

Quick Reply: Who is riding to Sturgis