Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Narrow Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 10:39 AM
NPV288
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Narrow Seats

My bike came with a mustang seat and passenger pad, I am not sure if the exact model but looks like the standard Original super solo seat.

My issue is that the seat is too wide for my hips and when at a stop I need to inch up to get my feet firmly planted on the ground, otherwise just my toes touch.

I like the mustang seats and their price, what model would be best to slim down the width??

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-02-2018, 10:45 AM
bike_r_trash
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Check out the Low Down Touring from Mustang. It's the least wide of their offerings and still very comfortable.. I think 16 inches wide and very narrow at the front. Rode on one for years on my 2012 Limited.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:55 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Same problem here, but due to short inseam.

I am not going to recommend a specific seat...I'll leave that for all the others that think their seat is the only seat. I will recommend that should you choose to order from an internet company, order from a company that gives the dimensions of the seat. I took my stock seat off, turned it upside down, and took numerous measurements, and then determined where I wanted my new seat to be narrower, and or lower. In fact I took measurements from both the top side as well as the bottom. I also accounted for whether or not I wanted to be positioned further back (which I did not), and then ordered from a well known company that provided the same measurements I was looking at to compare to the stock seat that wan't working for me.

It worked. Completely. I've had MANY seats over the years, but never approached it like I had the last time, and being methodical with measurements was spot on.

Consider that approach if you can't actually try a number of seats before making your purchase, which was/is the case for me.

Good luck!

Old 05-02-2018, 07:02 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 304 Likes on 226 Posts

Is it comfortable going down the road? Especially on the long hauls? Then my suggestion is to keep it and try to get used to it. You want a seat that supports you well when logging miles. To me, that's the most important thing. Of course if you use your bike as a bar hopper, you might think different.

Don't get me wrong, feeling comfortable with your feet on the ground is extremely important, but when you are out on your bike, what percentage of the time are your feet on the ground as compared to the floorboards? Maybe 1% or less???

I have to scoot up like you on my Limited to be flat footed but I only really need to flat foot when the Mrs. is getting on or off or a weird surface. I can easily and comfortably support the bike with my toes long enough for a light to change.

Good luck on your choice. I just wanted to give you another thing to consider since finding the right seat for you can be a daunting task and get expensive real quick.