Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another TopCoat F11 review.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 07:25 PM
Budda109
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Another TopCoat F11 review.

I struggled to buy this stuff. Seemed like the reviews were plants. I read everything I could. And used Utube and just about every review I could find. Still could not pull the trigger because of cost. Finally I found a free sample post. Yes I had to pay for shipping but I figured, what the hell. I would like to say I don't like that the price you can buy it for. NEVER changes. Like "My Pillow" he got in trouble for that BTW. Attached is a picture of the waxes/cleaners I use. All are good to great. I have OCD. When I return from a trip I use steaming hot water and clean bugs and crap off my bike every time. I also saw a utube video of a guy who after awhile the results had changed for the better. This is my experience. It looks great right off the bat but over time the results get better. I had a small free sample so I used on the faring. Windshield and small areas that bugs and stuff hit the most. The more I used it the easier it was to clean off crap. Conclusion. Worth the money. Everybody has to make that choice. But I ordered more. Because. I tested it on every surface. Wheels, rims, seats, chrome, dash. Everything. What it does do no matter what is save time and effort. That made it work for me. Brake dust was like never there. Everything was always shinny and clean. So I bought the 59.99 kit. Still have free stuff
left. Got the wheel of deals additional 10% off. Don't know if I will keep getting it. But so far ,so good. Also for the record. If any of the waxes I have in the picture are used. Results are awesome. Just requires more work. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Attached Thumbnails Another TopCoat F11 review.-waxs.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Tarkus60 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 08:09 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,744 Likes on 3,511 Posts

It's not a rant, it's a commercial, lol

The following users liked this post:
jeeper101 (07-14-2019)
Old 05-04-2018, 07:53 AM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts

I use bugslide and love it. But I have been waiting for a honest review of F11.
I may have to give it a try.
Thanks for the review.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:15 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,667 Likes on 2,676 Posts

If you're really into keeping your bike clean, I high recommend looking at the real coatings out there. I was hessitant because of the cost, but the posts from Eaglefan in the last F11 thread put me over the top. I went with the CQuartz coating and I've been very impressed with the results. I applied the coating right before going on a roadtrip (24 hours). I rode in rain for 400 miles home from Biloxi, MS. The chrome was trashed, but the paint looked almost like it had just been washed. I was amazed. Took me about 45-60 minutes to have the bike cleaned up and looking respectable again.

Last edited by FNGonaRK; 05-04-2018 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,208 Likes on 1,968 Posts

I still like my S100. I've been using it for 30 years. If one follows the directions, it works great. Using the S100 detail and wax in between washes keeps the windshield bugs easy to wipe off.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Ben221
Road Warrior
Received 241 Likes on 156 Posts

I am a huge fan of Maguiars Ultimate spray wax. I use to basically clean everything on the bike. Last a long time and multiple treatments give you a great shine.

The following 3 users liked this post by Ben221:
Candler (07-16-2019), Mad Jasper (05-05-2018), Parrothead1809 (09-10-2019)
Old 05-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
If you're really into keeping your bike clean, I high recommend looking at the real coatings out there. I was hessitant because of the cost, but the posts from Eaglefan in the last F11 thread put me over the top. I went with the CQuartz coating and I've been very impressed with the results. I applied the coating right before going on a roadtrip (24 hours). I rode in rain for 400 miles home from Biloxi, MS. The chrome was trashed, but the paint looked almost like it had just been washed. I was amazed. Took me about 45-60 minutes to have the bike cleaned up and looking respectable again.
So, I too have seen what EagleFan posts and how he recommended we all get on the ceramic bandwagon (cQuartz) but had a few questions before dropping $100 for a 30ml bottle. The guy lives an hour away from me. Maybe I should just pay to have him apply his stuff.

Can I use it on just painted surfaces or could I use it on the plexi windshield too? Could you use it on the chrome pieces that don't get hot? ie: nacelle and crash bars...

How many cars can you do with one bottle? or would it be more like one car and one bike?

Old 05-04-2018, 10:52 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben221
I am a huge fan of Maguiars Ultimate spray wax. I use to basically clean everything on the bike. Last a long time and multiple treatments give you a great shine.

+1 on the Maguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax....

As far as bugs, I use hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle....Spray it on and you can watch the bug guts start to dissolve....Wash as normal and everything is removed.

$20 for the Maguiar's and $1.00+ for a big bottle of HP at the dollar store is a lot cheaper than $60+.....But that's just me.....

Old 05-04-2018, 11:01 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I started using the stuff from "chemical guys" bought at Walmart for $10 bucks. IMO it works a good as the $60 bottle of Fll. Time will tell, love it so far.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:09 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,140 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Glad you like the results of the CQ! They do make cleaning so much easier, and you don't have to apply them a few times to get the results you want.

Quick Reply: Another TopCoat F11 review.