Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of trading

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:44 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 328 Posts
Default Thinking of trading

my 06 superglide custom for a road king....any pros/cons with anyone who has a road king?? Any thing in particular to look out for?? I saw the thread on the heel/toe shifter problem, any other problems?

If they can make the deal, I might ride away with it. Was thinking about a heritage, but after talking to some folks who've had both, they said the road king had a better ride.

Thanks in advance for any input.

glebo

Old 06-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of trading

Some 07's have the clatter. Test ride it, lug it a little in6th and see if it has it.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

I have a RK standard and find it hard to beat.I have added lower fairings for cooler weather and a detachable king tour pack.Great all around bike.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:04 PM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After 2 dyna's (FXDX FXDWG3 ) and 30,000 miles on them I finally traded in on a Street Glide , not too much different than an RK , just a batwing vs windshield. Best move I ever made. I love both Dyna's , but the Touring models are much more comfortable and surprisingly handle better.

Go for it ..you'll be happy

Old 06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

thanks guys...keep'em coming. I love my dyna, but after a couple of bike weeks and some sort of long rides, I get beat on my dyna a bit. I really will miss'er (if the deals good, that is), but looking for more comfy of a ride for me and the OL. The dynas are pretty versatile bikes, but I'm sorta out of the "sporty" stage and want something like I said a little more cushy, but dont want to go all out in a dresser....yet! That will be several more years. I'm only 48 now, but dont want to go totally "geezer"...no offense meant of course

Old 06-26-2007, 04:12 PM
jrtracker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on my 2nd road king classic and would never buy anything else. Extremely comfortable(changed out the seat) and the cruise control is really handy on long rides. Bike handles great....... I don't have one bad thing to say about it.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:24 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Another vote for the RK. I have an '06 Classic,love it and have had zero problems. I toy with the ideatrading for an Ultra but doubt I will.The RKisgreat, but the wife likes theback of the Ultra MUCH more.

Are you looking for an '07 or '08? Probably get a good deal right now on an '07 and they have low financing if you're not paying cash.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

i cant find any negatives with my RK Classic. i love every mile

Old 06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: glebo
thanks guys...keep'em coming. I love my dyna, but after a couple of bike weeks and some sort of long rides, I get beat on my dyna a bit. I really will miss'er (if the deals good, that is), but looking for more comfy of a ride for me and the OL.
Firstbike I had in 2001 was a Dyna. I traded it for a Road King4 months after I bought it. Wife & I both liked that bike so much better.I did love the Dyna but for riding 2-up, the Road King had it hands down over Dyna.

I've since gone to the Electra Glide Classic(since 2004).

Old 06-26-2007, 04:40 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

my local dealer has some 07's left, one dealer two hrs away has one, its deep cobalt, not my first choice of color though. I am hoping the deal looks good, I know my wife would ride more if it were more comfortable. She works on the weekends though so getting time together is tough off the start. Not to hijack my own thread, but did ya go to Laconia petemac?? I had a great time, beautiful riding up there, but thats what got me started on getting something a little more "touring like"

thanks for the replies folks

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading