Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your absolutely favorite add-ons to your Touring bike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 11:33 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,496 Likes on 1,550 Posts

The absolutely best thing i've ever put on my bike was a good looking woman. She's been back there for 40 years now.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:49 PM
5280Ruffian
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Here are my favorites in order:

1. 14" LA Choppers Ape Hangers
2. Mustang Super Tour Seat

Those are the only must haves. I had an Ultra Classic seat on my Street Glide prior to the Mustang. That seat was find until I got the bars. I needed the bars to open up my position and give my back a break. Once I got the bars, I was too close to them. The Mustang sits me back quite a bit and lets my arms be at a good angle. By far the best two, and dependent upon each other, mods.

After that:
3. Lowers
4. Highway pegs

I came from a 2012 Kawasaki Nomad, which had a significantly larger tank and foot position. I found that my thighs were getting fatigued by trying to 'hold' the tank with my knees and the wind was grabbing my legs and pulling them apart (it's weird, but whatever...). The lowers took enough of the wind off my legs to make the ride a lot more enjoyable. Highway pegs allow for some additional foot positions, which allows for longer rides.

Everything after that, is just little. Phone mount, hardwired phone power, radio upgrades.

Edit: The Klockworks shield should be in there somewhere. That helps pull a lot of the buffeting away from my head.

Last edited by 5280Ruffian; 11-25-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:16 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,722 Likes on 5,226 Posts

Lot of little things lights, extended brake pedal , adjustable clutch lever. But the best was this.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29dzqDo]

Old 11-25-2018, 05:41 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

^^^ That is sharp! Does a sidecar make the bike pull a little to the right?

Old 11-25-2018, 07:27 PM
destination highway
Road Master
Received 1,632 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by ictghost
I have a lot of favorites, but here are the most recent ones for my 2012 Ultra Limited:

Replaced all of my OEM bulbs with LED bulbs.

Replaced the OEM air-shocks with Premium HD Hand-Adjust Shocks & put Dyna Beads in the tires. These two things made my bike ride WAY smoother.

Replaced my OEM lowers with a set of take-offs from a 2017...for a LOT less rattling.
I'm wondering if any of you guys with the older style (pre 2014) faring lowers noticed this post from the ghost. I hate the cheap plastic vents on my 2012 FLHTK. The little tab on the top breaks and they rattle like hell. He discovered that the newer version lowers with the improved venting system will fit on our bikes, with certain criteria met. This is a serious upgrade that I'm interested in doing. Any thoughts from guys that take issue with the older lowers? Has anyone else made this change?

Old 11-26-2018, 06:06 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Ohlin rear shocks and drivers backrest. Turned what was basically a rigid bar hopper into a comfortable cross country touring bike. Everything else afterward is just icing on the cake.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:19 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,722 Likes on 5,226 Posts

Originally Posted by CVO SG
^^^ That is sharp! Does a sidecar make the bike pull a little to the right?
A sidecar may push the motorcycle to the left during Deceleration and pull it right during acceleration . You soon as with other thing riding a motorcycle, learn to lessen the effects. As you learn to drive a sidecar you learn to use these thing to your advantage.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:19 AM
hogly-dorkinson
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
The absolutely best thing i've ever put on my bike was a good looking woman. She's been back there for 40 years now.
That's funny, I was going to write similar, only in my case it's a woman that's 40 years younger.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:33 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,664 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
I follow this thread from time to time and one of the best, most true posts.

Originally Posted by smitty901
Lot of little things lights, extended brake pedal , adjustable clutch lever. But the best was this.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29dzqDo]
At least this is somewhat original and not "Oh oh, best seat"...

Originally Posted by hogly-dorkinson
That's funny, I was going to write similar, only in my case it's a woman that's 40 years younger.
Get back to us in a couple years. Let's see what that favorite mod turns out like.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:43 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by hogly-dorkinson
Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
I follow this thread from time to time and one of the best, most true posts.

Get back to us in a couple years. Let's see what that favorite mod turns out like.

Quick Reply: What are your absolutely favorite add-ons to your Touring bike?