Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your absolutely favorite add-ons to your Touring bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

All any Harley I've ever had needed was:

A Corbin seat
More power
Better brakes
Better suspension & tires

Other than that, they're perfect

Old 05-11-2019, 05:04 PM
2015UltraLimited
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Rekluse, Darla's, Super Shox and a Dyno.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 385 Posts

Mustang seat

Old 05-11-2019, 07:59 PM
RickW3
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mustang low touring seat with backrest, 14” wild one reaper bars

Old 05-11-2019, 10:32 PM
texasdw
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

fork mounted deflectors (fangs)
hard lowers
top case

Not sure whether I'll next add a shifter protector...or stitch one of those leather pads on my boot...

But seriously, I've also added highway pegs, mid frame deflectors, stage 1 w/ Rineharts. All excellent mods. I just installed my Sargent seat tonight. Will do a couple hundred miles tomorrow. I've had Sargents on several other bikes and always liked them. Highway pegs are necessary for really long rides, but not as critical on a Harley as they were on Concours, FJR or k1600...

Old 05-12-2019, 01:02 AM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Mods I love:
  • The whole stage 1 & 2: SE Heavy Breather, full Rinehart slimline dual exhaust with 4" mufflers, FP3 tuner, + HD "torque" cam. So much torque and power, and the sound is awesome. It has that deep bass resonance, and that signature HD "loping" sound. I love it.
  • 12" Paul Yaffee monkey bars. The perfect height. Just wish I didn't start with 10's. Expensive lesson.
  • Complete Rockford Fosgate system. Blows Boom II away.
  • HD short stemmed highway pegs. A must.
  • 4-point docking and the detachable backrest & rack
  • Curved plate frame. It's just too cool.
  • Daymaker & Custom Dynamics Pro Beam turn signals. Really bright, safe, and look bad-*** (i.m.o.)
  • 7" Freedom Shield for longer distances, because of the high quality and way reduced buffeting, and the 7" HD wind splitter for around town. It doesn't actually split much of the wind, but it looks cool.

Note: The reason I love the detachable seat back and rack are so I can use HD touring luggage of variable sizes in place of a tour-pack for longer trips, and have everything removed day to day. Really quick to take on and off. Nothing against tourpaks for those of you that like them, but I personally just can't get past the look of them. Same for lowers.

Mods I'm "just ok" with:
  • Lucky Dave's seat. The seat is super comfortable and locks you in for more confidence and support. What I'm not liking so much about it is the big squared off "chunk" on the back section which they consider to be the pillion. I don't ride with a passenger, so I do like the fastback style seats for the way they look on the SG. First, I got a RSD seat made by Mustang that looked way cool, but was not comfortable or a good fit for me.Then I got the Lucky Dave's for the comfort and position, as it came so highly recommended, but every time I look at the bike, that tall, flat, ugly (i.m.o.) rear pillion stares at me. So I'm looking for a best of both worlds seat that I can add to the mods I love list. I have a Corbin Gunfighter coming on Monday. Hoping it's "the one".
  • Saddlebag guards and saddlebag guard bags. Guards are good tip over paint protection, and the small bags provide small additional storage for gloves, goggles, multi-tool, and handy small bottle of Bug Slide, but they look a little "cluttered", (i.m.o.). Perhaps I'll get used to them.

Old 05-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Steel Horse Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Steel Horse Audio Sound system of course!

The following users liked this post:
Clay Rocker (06-03-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Cdvero
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has to be my knock off daymaker

Any advice on upgrading my 11 sg seat to something more comfortable for the girlfriends ride, and possibly one that fits with a detachable tour pack?!? The thousands of options give me a headache

Old 05-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Airborne314
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

16" Factory 47 bars.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:41 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,962 Likes on 2,356 Posts

14 inch Yaffe Monkey bars and Rider back rest are my to favorite adds to any bike I get.

The following users liked this post:
Clay Rocker (06-03-2019)

Quick Reply: What are your absolutely favorite add-ons to your Touring bike?