Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Ultra Gear Change questions:

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 04:16 PM
wharfcreek
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Perfect!! Thanks DTTJG! Guess I'll try to use some of those HD Credit Card points I've been building up......

Old 11-15-2018, 07:59 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by wharfcreek
That's an interesting thread!! Used my cell phone to take a pic of post #167 w/ all the part numbers. Klobster, thanks for the reference. Wish I'd had that before I essentially 'repeated' the whole thing!!

Question 1: Post #126 within that thread states that the individual had ordered a 'PV'....which he indicated would compensate for speedo error as based on the gear change. Anyone know what he was talking about?

Q 2: I've got my '09 Sportster 'fixed' rear pulley coming...… 68T / 1" belt. Looking last night at front trans pulleys......and it appears 'Andrews' makes one that's about $140 +/-. Is this pretty much the 'best' option and does anyone aware of any other choices?

Again, thanks to all for the contributions!!

Tom
PV probably refers to the Dynojet Powervision. If you do the motor upgrades this would be an excellent tuner.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:16 AM
Kolbster
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nvsteve
PV probably refers to the Dynojet Powervision. If you do the motor upgrades this would be an excellent tuner.
Yes, He is referring to the PowerVision. There is a speedometer calibration setting that you can adjust with the PV

Old 11-16-2018, 11:38 AM
wharfcreek
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I put one of the V&H FuelPaks on the bike already....when I put the SE Air Cleaner assembly and Slip-ons on it. I dare say it made a substantial difference. Wish I'd done that BEFORE I took my 800 mile trip on the bike! With this bike being 'Closed Loop' EFI, I rather hoped that any other 'tuning' needs would result from the feedback of the 02 sensors......as it should. However, I also understand the concept of 'band width' as it applies to overall programming and variant capability within the tuning range. In looking at the Dynojet PowerVision I have to say that it does look impressive. Getting to be a lot of 'choices' out there for this kind of upgrade. Dynojet, Vance & Hines, Zippers, Fuel Moto, and more....... I was hoping that I could find just a simple 'compensator' unit that would permit the calibration of the speedo alone...... like a $50 module or something like that. I don't know that I'm ready to spend $500+ on a tuner just to 'adjust' my speedo, particularly when I rarely look at it anyway. Plus, I think I can hang my cell phone on the handle bars, and use a free 'app' that provides speeds via the phone's built in GPS. Still, if I could buy a stand-alone calibration unit for under $100, I'd probably buy it...... just because.........lol.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:56 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

66t or 68t rear pulley never changed my speedo ,although I read it would.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:01 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
66t or 68t rear pulley never changed my speedo ,although I read it would.
It changed it, just not enough to notice on the speedo/odo. I checked it with a GPS.
From the factory it was already about 2-3% fast. With the 68T about another 2-3%.
When figuring total mileage I round it off to about 5% less. Same with fuel mileage.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:01 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

gotcha,makes sense just not significant enough for me, also the green 6th gear light always worked fine. Gas mileage drop on the highway was especially brutal 28-30 mpg was common the build had something to do with that i imagine

Old 11-16-2018, 09:21 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Would an ‘07 nightster rear sprocket work...thinking about that since it’s mostly black and could save on not having to powder coat.

i don’t want to add Cush Drive to my bike so a simple rear 68t that bolts on and thats black would be great. Trying to save where I can as I’m buying the Baker inner bearing, Baker attitude adjuster, front Andrews 30t, plus all the bolts, gaskets and primary fluid.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:34 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 145 Posts

You can save some money by buying a 30 tooth trike pulley from MOCO I listed the part # earlier, also said any US sportster pulley 07 & later is 68 tooth.

The following users liked this post:
HD Bobber (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 09:46 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
You can save some money by buying a 30 tooth trike pulley from MOCO I listed the part # earlier, also said any US sportster pulley 07 & later is 68 tooth.
thats right I’ll for sure get the triglide pulley, but even though ‘07 later are 68t is the offset bolt on 100% for sure? Looking to get an ‘07 nightester pulley cause it’s wrinkle black.

thanks

Edit:
by the way the triglide pulley is $64.02 + shipping at new castle, so that’s an awesome deal compared to the $113 I found for the Andrews off eBay.

Last edited by HD Bobber; 11-16-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Quick Reply: '07 Ultra Gear Change questions: