Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't believe this.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:19 PM
capt775
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I can't believe this.

Ok, most people know my story from my previous post, "rode in on a wing......". But this you gotta hear.

The main reason I bought the Wing was because a "friend" I work with that has owned alot of Harleys and still owns a couple rode in to work one day on a used Wing he bought. Now I thought he was a die hard Harley rider. I asked him as he was getting off the Wing, "man, what are YOU riding?" He looked me in the eye and said "why have I been killing myself ?" Ok, I took that as a testimony of how good these things were, so I went and found me one and bought it.

While I owned mine we would always sit and discuss rides and how the thing performed, etc, etc, etc.

Now that I have sold it and am riding a Harley he just comes in and at best is just cordual to me. No more discussions, no "how's your bike doin, been anywhere lately?" He hadn't had his a year either but he's already turned into this pompus ahole. When he does converse it goes like this:

me: " man, I sure like the way this thing rides, I can't wait to get it broke in so I can take a long trip on it."

him: "just wait till till you get back and have to put it in the shop, they'll $300 you to death every 5000 miles."

It's not my purpose with this post to bash Wing riders or anything like that, but dang. This has to be an example of the division between the two brand owners. I have to say that I haven't seen this on this board, but it is B A D on the "other" board.

Why they think they gotta akt dat way?

I'm just venting I guess, I thought he was a good friend.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:24 PM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: I can't believe this.

Sour grapes...

Old 07-05-2007, 10:26 PM
rottnutz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wait til he gets the bill for every time they have to remove the cowling on that wing.. Just talking with a friend of mine on one and he learned real fast how to maintain his ride. That's just it, those that refuse to learn how to maintain their bike are doomed to be raped by the dealership, and that ain't brand specific...

Old 07-05-2007, 10:30 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I always make a point to complement another person's bike if it is not a Harley. Something like, "nice ride man, that is smooth" usually catches them by suprise. I find some non-Harley owners are pretty defensive about their bikes. This is why I don't want something else; I don't have time to defend my bike. Like it, love it, hate it, whatever...just don't touch it!

Old 07-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Alamo
Advanced

IMO - If you are going to run with the big dogs, you better be able to **** on the tall trees.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:49 PM
unclekunkle
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HDChloe
This is why I always make a point to complement another person's bike if it is not a Harley. Something like, "nice ride man, that is smooth" usually catches them by suprise. I find some non-Harley owners are pretty defensive about their bikes.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-05-2007, 10:58 PM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It is not what you ride, but just that you ride. Brand busting is good for fun, however should not be taken beyond that.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:25 AM
okiehogg
Cruiser

Yeah as long as there are people who share a hobby regardless of what it is,there will alwaysbe the"elitist" crowd who thinks their opinion is law.

I was in a fly-tying "club" once and believe it or not therewere guys who badmouth the other guys stuff just as bad as we do withmotorcycles. A Fly-tying club for christ sakes.......

Old 07-06-2007, 04:04 AM
zenwee
Cruiser

Come On!!!! Wing Riders are the Nicest Old Fuddyduddies I Know!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 06:28 AM
badlandr
Road Captain

Hey zen talk about bashing I hope your sig wasn't bashing Tennessee LOL!
Oh yeah I live in Mississippi now never mind bash away

Quick Reply: I can't believe this.