Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone regret getting a chrome sprocket & polished rear disc?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 10:19 AM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,084 Likes on 1,265 Posts

Originally Posted by SWFLGuy
I personally wouldn’t bother with the sprocket/disc on my SG but for me the wheels gotta match, I see enough of it to drive me nuts if it doesn’t.
I recently did exactly this ^^^^^^^^^^. My 14 SGS is in the paint shop going from Charcoal Pearl to Candy Orange and decided to chrome out the whole front end and just the rear wheel. Thought about the rotor and sprocket for a second but passed on it. Rather put the money into parts that I can see. If I hit the lottery, I'll chrome them then.........

Old 03-17-2019, 10:26 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,738 Likes on 2,403 Posts

The thing I notice is the wheel and sprocket on my bike is uncoated alloy so it will oxidise over time. Out of site it would be better to get them plated, painted or powder coated to seal them up for good.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:28 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,814 Posts

No big deal to NOT Chrome the REAR Pulley and Rotor, but to the people that think others don't/won't notice that the Rear Wheel doesn't match the Front (as in Not Chroming) ...

Well they DO

Just a comment ... I know you were just asking about the Pulley / Rotor

Last edited by multihdrdr; 03-17-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:29 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 999 Likes on 594 Posts

Thanks for the input fellas. Whether I’m gonna do the rear wheel was never in question. I’m definitely doing both wheels. It was just the sprocket and rear disc. I already called and canceled those from the order.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:33 AM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,084 Likes on 1,265 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Thanks for the input fellas. Whether I’m gonna do the rear wheel was never in question. I’m definitely doing both wheels. It was just the sprocket and rear disc. I already called and canceled those from the order.
Good call........

Old 03-17-2019, 06:48 PM
2WHEELFREAK
Road Master
Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

I had ***** (Joe) do my stuff and glad I did. If you’re going to do it, go all the way, don’t half-*** it. And yes at certain angles while riding it can be seen by others. If you can afford it go all the way. Don’t get caught up in the “why do it because you can’t see it” crap...........

Lastly, there’s a reason he’s backed up - it’s because HE IS THE BEST out there. I had his chrome work done 3 yrs ago and it all still looks perfect. I can’t say that about others I know who chose another vendor after I tried to push them towards WS. Their chrome is discoloring, chipping and looks like complete ****. I had to wait a little but it was worth it.

1. Enforcer Wheels chrome exchange
2. Rear Pulley
3. Front Fork Legs
4. Front Fork Cans
5. Rotors
6. Rotor Hardware
7. Wheel Spacers
8. Axle Caps

Last edited by 2WHEELFREAK; 03-17-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:04 AM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I did the polished rotors all around, I would notice it too much if I hadn't. The pulley I couldn't as its a rubber mounted one, and already painted, so no chrome replacement for it I know of. Rotors should match, pulley not so important but if the bike sits way up, like the hdforums dirt bike style riders seem to like (the over length shocks so many seem to have to have) then that rotor will show against a chromed wheel.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:01 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I had my wheels done by ***** Shiny also. I did not do the rear rotor, but I wish I had. I can see the disc when it's on the jiffy stand, and it bugs me. The pulley I wouldn't do as i can't see it with the bags on. As for not doing a rear wheel...it's the first thing I notice on someone else's bike. For me the wheels have to match.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:25 AM
Ripcode
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I have the chromed Enforcer front & rear wheels with the polished front rotors on order from HD. Do they make a polished rear rotor for a 2017 FLHX? I am not finding one on the website or catalog? If so, let me know so I can get one ordered! Thanks!

Old 03-18-2019, 10:35 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I ran mismatch wheels for a year or so and it drove me nuts, On the front I went with some nice looking floating rotors I scored here for a song and thought it would drive me crazy not having matching one on the rear but it did not.

Quick Reply: Anyone regret getting a chrome sprocket & polished rear disc?