Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Solo seat, Corbin, Mustang, Danny Gray, or Lepara

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which Solo seat, Corbin, Mustang, Danny Gray, or Lepara

I'm having an awful had time trying to decide which way I should go. I'm going to be getting a new solo seat for my ride and I just purchased a Sundowner Solo and I HATE IT. I'm about 6' tall and it just pushes me too far forward to make it comfy. After about 30 miles of riding I feel like I'm sittin on my giblets! So needless to say the seat is comin off.

Now. I'm a rather large american and I have the NO BUTT syndrome like Hank Hill. The stock RKC seat was unbearable so I opted for the 2up sundowner about a year ago, which I love, but the solo is totally different.
I've been considering a Mustang solo with the backrest, I just love how cushy and soft my sundowner is and I'm thinkin that the Mustang is similar.
After Looking at the Corbins. I must say that the argument of their Comfort Foam is very very convicing. But I've heard that Corbins are very very firm. But Firm is not always a bad thing.
Next, The Danny Gray seat. Awesome looking but NO REVIEWS YET.
and Finally the Stealership recommended the LEPERA solo to me with the Biker Gel. I'm not familiar with any seats other than the Sundowner 2up and I love the seat. But since my passenger just got her own bike, I'm looking to get rid of that extra seat behind me.

any help would be greatly appreciated!.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which Solo seat, Corbin, Mustang, Danny Gray, or Lepara

I sold my Corbin and returned the Mustang because it was to upright and pushed me forward. I went with the LePera solo myself, it has alittle lift in the back part of the seat so you don't slide off and it offers a little back support. Also the price is way better than the others. Don't know anything about the Danny Grey seats. Good luck. Pete in Cave Creek, AZ

Old 07-08-2007, 12:27 AM
bigbrokah
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Danny Gray bigseat does look awesome and it will put you back a little further (I'm 6'2" myself) but it is very firm. I just got mine yesterday, and after about 60 miles today my tailbone was screaming at me. The way it's shaped to cup yer cheeks feels great the first half hour or so, but if you are butt-challenged the tailbone pressure may be worse for you.... I was reading another post where somebody has one with a premium kind of gelfoam, that's probably the way to go if you get the Danny Gray.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Kahuna
Road Master

After trying four different seat brands, I ended up with Corbin. If you have not seen the new Corbins lately, you're in for a surprise. I just bought one for my girlfriend's Street Glide, and wow, it was totally a different seat from my RG. The leather is softer, the foam gives a little more, and the bucket seems to be a bit deeper. Although it's firmer than other seats, on a long distrance ride, you'll feel no hot spots or saggyness in the foam. And, the standard Corbin gives about an inch extra (backward) over stock seat. Now, after adding backrests to both our seats, my girlfriend and me will not look at another brand. I guess we're both Corbin loyals from now on.

ORIGINAL: jcboof

I'm having an awful had time trying to decide which way I should go. I'm going to be getting a new solo seat for my ride and I just purchased a Sundowner Solo and I HATE IT. I'm about 6' tall and it just pushes me too far forward to make it comfy. After about 30 miles of riding I feel like I'm sittin on my giblets! So needless to say the seat is comin off.

Now. I'm a rather large american and I have the NO BUTT syndrome like Hank Hill. The stock RKC seat was unbearable so I opted for the 2up sundowner about a year ago, which I love, but the solo is totally different.
I've been considering a Mustang solo with the backrest, I just love how cushy and soft my sundowner is and I'm thinkin that the Mustang is similar.
After Looking at the Corbins. I must say that the argument of their Comfort Foam is very very convicing. But I've heard that Corbins are very very firm. But Firm is not always a bad thing.
Next, The Danny Gray seat. Awesome looking but NO REVIEWS YET.
and Finally the Stealership recommended the LEPERA solo to me with the Biker Gel. I'm not familiar with any seats other than the Sundowner 2up and I love the seat. But since my passenger just got her own bike, I'm looking to get rid of that extra seat behind me.

any help would be greatly appreciated!.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior

I heard the Mustang's move you forward so myself,at 6 3-1/4" I passed on them. If you really wanta Solo seatCorbin is prob your best bet, they move you back but down also.[:@] There ispost today about the Danny Gray Big seat.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:51 AM
bigbrokah
Cruiser

I have read that the Corbins are firm and take a little while to "break in" and get really comfortable, I'm assuming that the Danny Gray is the same. Unfortunately I don't know anyone else with a Danny Gray so I have no idea what it'll feel like after putting some miles on it. The stock RK seat had my lower back screaming after about an hour on it and after my first long ride on the bigseat my back felt great. I had my feet on the hiway pegs for most of my ride on the bigseat, I think that might have had something to do with the tailbone pressure...

Old 07-08-2007, 10:19 AM
jcboof
Tourer

After looking at the options I think i'm leaning towards the corbin with a backrest. I dont want to be moved any farther forward, like the mustang. and I dont want to worry bout my *** achin after a 60 mile ride.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:37 AM
musclehead
Cruiser

I have Corbin's Classic Solo and backrest on a Street Glide and Road King Custom, so I guess that makes me a Corbin loyalist.At 6'-3", I appreciate the Corbin moving me back from the tank. It is a very firm seat. I just did a 500 mile ride yesterday, and as long as I can stand up (even if just at a traffic light) every 100 miles, I don't have any problems. The backrest is a key element to long distance comfort.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:44 AM
frittsk
Tourer

I also had a Sundowner and it was OK, but rubbed on the corners of my saddlebags. Also, it looks huge on the bike and if anything it is a little to soft. I went with a Mustang and I really like it. It actually sets me back a little and is very comfy on long rides.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:03 PM
jcboof
Tourer

I'm just concerned that the corbin will not be overly comfortable though. I'm a big guy at 250lbs and i'm just worried that the corbin will be too firm.

Quick Reply: Which Solo seat, Corbin, Mustang, Danny Gray, or Lepara