Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide vs Electra Glide Limited

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Circa58
I bought the Street Glide and then ended up buying the stuff that would have come standard on an Electra Glide, sort of wished I would have gotten the EG now.
honestly, your bike looks good enough that you shouldn't wish too much.....the b/w contrast is wicked nice.

Old 05-29-2019, 04:02 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

Get the Limited with the detachable tour pack and you have both.The Limited has a better ride, more ground clearance, and more options.

The following users liked this post:
rauchman (05-30-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 07:24 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

No need for the Quick Detach kit, just get some filler or bag lights, relocate license plate, and remove the four bolts that mount the Tour Pac. I went to my dealer and they gave me some Street Glide Inserts to fill the gap when I remove the Tour Pac.

Last edited by hbsoldier3; 05-29-2019 at 07:26 PM.
rauchman (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 09:16 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

You will wish you had that tour pak one of these days. So if you ride two-up, there's only one answer...the FLHTK. Like the guys say, you can take off the tour pak, but why? It's so handy for carrying a large amount of stuff it just makes no sense to do without it. Now if all you do is zip to a rider group or bar and back, well your current bike remains good for that. Heck, just keep you bike and buy a well cared-for FLHTK. Best of both worlds.

N1265 (05-31-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 11:59 PM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,196 Likes on 658 Posts

I have a limited with a detachable tour pack and a low profile seat from a company i cant remember the name of. I like zipping around by myself with the pak off with the little seat. The tp weighs around 50lbs so the difference is pretty noticeable. I also have a big ultimate seat for when the tp is on, it looks nicer with the pak on and has more room for the wife. 2 bikes in one is great but the sg does have some nice available paint colors.

Old 05-31-2019, 12:40 AM
n of 1
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Another vote for the ultra classic, or limited. Even though it seems your looking at the UC, I think the ultra limited is one of the best deals going on the used market. Its not a CVO, but still has a ton of bells and whistles. some may matter to you, none get in the way by my reckoning. The tour pack is removable, as are the lowers on pre 2014 models. Front and rear speakers, nice gauges, heated grips, bigger alternator/charging capacity (if I remember right), shocks etc. The really good news is that most ultras including the limited are around the same cost, sometimes less in the 1-2 year old bikes it seems when compared to the street glide. Stripping a limted down to feel more like a streetglide is pretty easy. Adding the tour pack etc to a SG is expensive. Most UCs are "adult owned" the sort of folks who buy warranties and keep records, many gently used Easy decision in my book.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:53 AM
edgeman68
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I absolutely love my FLHTK. I know in my younger days my buddies and I would refer to the FLHT as a "geezer glide" and make fun of those that rode them. Nowadays I can't imagine riding anything else. I think I have finally stumbled upon my "keeper" motorcycle.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:39 AM
BelchFire
Received 5,156 Likes on 1,947 Posts

I may be in the minority here, but like you, I like the sleek look of the SG, so I went with a SGS and found a guy selling one with a tour pak already mounted. Of course, it's removable, so I have the sleek look when I want it and I have the luggage space when I want it. Best of both worlds. And it's loads cheaper to add a tour pak to a SG than to add a detach kit to a EGUC. Just my two cents; YMMV.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:50 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by rauchman
Going through my yearly "I want a touring bike" phase....Which leads me to the Street Glide and Electra Glide Limited (oops, found out this bike is called the Electra Glide Ultra Classic...EGUC).
At least you are comparing 'like' bikes because as you are, I assume, aware they are both M8-107 engines and are not equipped with the premium radio. Looking at the H-D 2019 MC's I can agree the the EGCU does look like a somewhat better choice. The notable differences are that the EGUC is 1.2" taller (Seat height), 75 Lbs heavier, comes with a pre-installed Tour-Pak w/ some added lighting and MSRP is only $1300 more.

I did a similar comparrison between the '19 SGS and the '19 ULL, mainly because they were both had the M8-114 engine and came with the premium radio which I wanted, and was aware the the ULL was actually a better buy, but decided to go with the SGS and add the extras I wanted to make it my own. I could not see paying for somethings that I actualy l would have had to remove from the ULL but I did wind up spending more in the long run because I tend to be an accessories junkie.

I did not write this post to encourage or dicourage your choice but more to make sure you know why you are making your choice.

rauchman (06-03-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 08:25 AM
tgmotoman
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I have nothing of substance to add to this, but I feel ya.

I have been thinking the very same thing. For me the Ultra is the better choice. Get the detack kit an go for it.

rauchman (06-03-2019)

Quick Reply: Street Glide vs Electra Glide Limited