Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vance&hines exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 PM
twincam
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vance&hines exhaust

i am unsure on which v&h exhaust to purchase for my 2007 roadking classic my bud has the basic slip ons i was wondering is the ovals louder than the basic sliponsdont get me wrong his sound great but i like the ovallook but if there not as loud or louder i dont know what i will do can anyone help that has heard both slipons

Old 07-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Snort
Road Captain
Default RE: vance&hines exhaust

1. Breath when typing.
2. Slow down and listen to other '07's with different pipes to make your decision.
3> Go to V&H website and listen the the audio of the different pipes

Old 07-13-2007, 09:02 PM
2kflhr
Cruiser

i have a friend with V&H's oval slip ons. I admit they look good. But they are quiet. I think they are comparable to the SE slip ons if not quieter.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Decker
Novice

I have the slip on ovals on my FLHTCI. Just love the sound when the RPM hits 3000.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:20 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master

I have the ovals and the sound, both volume and tone, is perfect. Sounds real healthy when you whack itbut it'squiet enough at a steady cruising speed so your nerves (and ears) aren't jangled after a day's ride.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Ya want louddddd!!!! and I mean louddddddd!!!! get the V&Hturn downs. The exhaust being driven straight into the road and bouncing back up is deafening. Radio what radio, I can't hear it. [:'(]They were on my Road Glide when I bought It, they came off real quick. I love my tunes. Road King, never mind about the tunes then, my bad.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:40 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Go where there are alot of bikes and listen. That's what I did. I installed the ovals. Loud enough when I get on it, but not annoying. I can cruise by LEO and not call attention to meself for the loudness.But then I can rap it off when lane-splitting to get the cagers attention.I like 'em!

Old 07-14-2007, 07:58 AM
jraven
Cruiser

love my ovals. not too loud cruzing but dang sure can be heard when I need them too

Old 07-14-2007, 12:09 PM
steelhead
Road Master

I've got the basics and love them. They could be a little louder at low rpms but make good noise when cruising. They are a damn site quieter than the Straightshots I had on my Sporty. With those it was earplugs or you couldn't hear for a while after you got off the bike.

Curious if those that have been around both would say the basics are louder than the ovals or vice a versa. I love the look of the ovals but was behind a guy the other day with them (city streets only) and I thought they were pretty quiet.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:19 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,207 Likes on 2,464 Posts

i like the bigshot duals. nice sound, not too loud, can be quiet enough through neighborhoods, but can scream if you want them too. best part - the pipes are one piece (other than the heat shields of course). no muffler to loosen up or leak.

Quick Reply: vance&hines exhaust