Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 12:14 PM
sped
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes300
I do the same thing with my WHIM and Sena, except i can continue listening when i go in a take a **** or run into he garage because I forgot something, or ask the wife who also has her wireless headset. I just cant see having a cord, that would bug the heck out of me its 2021 hahhaa

LOL! Good point.

Old 02-02-2022, 08:10 PM
Jriquinha
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lefty33
With a WHIM, headset has to be connected in order for CarPlay to work. It's a safety thing...not a Harley requirement...it's an Apple requirement. CarPlay would not work in your car/truck either without a mic. In a car/truck there's all kinds of places to mount/hide the mic. On a bike, unfortunately a headset is your only option. Without a WHIM, the jumper plugs into the same plug as the WHIM and "fools" the bike into thinking there's a headset in play. Because it's the same plug, if you already have the WHIM, you can't use the jumper as it needs the same plug.
2919 street glide. Jumper won’t work. Think the head unit was flashed for whim hack and then updated. Will the dealership flash it back to stock ???

Old 02-03-2022, 10:47 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Jriquinha
2919 street glide. Jumper won’t work. Think the head unit was flashed for whim hack and then updated. Will the dealership flash it back to stock ???
yes, they typically will, anyone with he tool can too.

Old 02-16-2022, 01:23 PM
DSRides
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got a 2022 RG Special, the plug on the bike is different and this adapter will not work any longer. As you can see the guide slots no longer match up with the guide rails. Dang shame. I was hoping.

Old 02-16-2022, 01:36 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 621 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by DSRides
Just got a 2022 RG Special, the plug on the bike is different and this adapter will not work any longer. As you can see the guide slots no longer match up with the guide rails. Dang shame. I was hoping.
I think you may have the wrong (black) plug there. You're looking for the white/cream colored one that's the same as the adapter.
The WHIM is the same part number from 2014 + so the plug is the same on 22's.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:41 PM
DSRides
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lefty33
I think you may have the wrong (black) plug there. You're looking for the white/cream colored one that's the same as the adapter.
The WHIM is the same part number from 2014 + so the plug is the same on 22's.
Sure do hope I'm wrong. But it was the only plug I saw up front after removing the fairing. I'll check it out again.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:04 PM
Gorion
Tourer

Received 336 Likes on 192 Posts

Sure do hope I'm wrong. But it was the only plug I saw up front after removing the fairing. I'll check it out again.
Its just above the headlight behind and attached to the vertical metal plate sticking up from the lamp.

The following users liked this post:
DSRides (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 03:05 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 621 Likes on 434 Posts

There are 2 plugs there...one black (which you've found) and one white same as the adapter you have. There will most likely be a rubber dust cover/plug on it.
On my Road Glide it was tucked in & buried somewhat...on the brake side (right when sitting on the bike).

The following users liked this post:
DSRides (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 04:01 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 673 Posts

Originally Posted by Jriquinha
Originally Posted by mikes300
yes, they typically will, anyone with he tool can too.
If you take it to a Indy, have him just re-enable the original hack (software hack), the settings are still in the bike's BCM. HD's DigitalTech just can't do them anymore (after the little fight with apple, HD's DigitalTech software was update to remove the ability). Twice I have had my bike at a Dealer, and they changed those settings (had the newest BCM installed, added TPMS) when I got it back home both times I went into the BCM using Diag4Bike, and redid the TWO settings.... All is good... been using that original "software hack" (with 2 different BCMs) since I had the GTS added in latter part of 2019. I know anytime I take it to the dealer, if they hook up their computer to my bike, I may have to redo that when I get home... it's easy though. It does not get changed by a person updating the head unit's software, it gets changed by a Dealer's Digital Tech software.

Old 02-16-2022, 04:27 PM
DSRides
1st Gear

You're 1000% correct. I never saw the plug as it was behind the black plugs, and the sheet metal bracket they all connected to. Pulled that off, touchdown.
Thank you sir for guidance on this.

D

The following 2 users liked this post by DSRides:
Gorion (02-16-2022), lefty33 (02-16-2022)

Quick Reply: Apple Carplay