Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 09:24 AM
dajogejr
Road Warrior
Received 872 Likes on 514 Posts

Not that this helps, but you’re going to hear roughly 10 or so seat manufacturers mentioned by all.
Like a pair of shoes, you may have to try on a few before you settle in on what you like.
Being it’s a 2003, it’s not as easy to hit a dealer and try a demo seat…. Dealers near me stopped carrying demo for 07 older (or is it 08, sorry) a couple years ago.
I asked a part guy @ dealer near me, he was frank…. We get a request for older demos once a month/once every other month. At that point, it’s valuable retail real estate that could be used for newer stuff. Couldn’t argue that point.

Good luck. Make sure you look at what the seat does to your position, as far as up/down, front/back/neutral. Some like the sit in feel, some the sit on feel…

Old 11-21-2022, 01:25 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,569 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I have a Mustang Standard Touring with Heat seat on my Ultra. While it's a comfortable seat and I really like having the heat option, I think for really long rides (over 250 miles) my stock seat with an Airhawk Cruiser R Large was more comfortable. I haven't tried the Airhawk with my Mustang seat, but I'm guessing it will also be very good!

Old 11-21-2022, 03:04 PM
ahhlou
Road Captain
Received 631 Likes on 322 Posts

This opinion may incite a raised eyebrow or some foul language .. but ... I found my RK a little high after 10 years with a Fatboy Lo so, as a temporary measure I bought one of those cheap copies of a CVO seat on eBay. Thinking I would replace it with a "Real" seat when I find what I was looking for. Well, to my surprise I did not find it all that bad comfort wise even though it was cheaply built. So I put it to the test. I went on a 15 thousand mile cross country road trip over 2 months with some 12 hour days and a healthy dose of nasty weather.

In the end, I have to say it was one of the most comfortable seats I have ridden in the past 40 years...

Old 11-22-2022, 12:44 AM
4Evr_Cruzn
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Roadsofa CF

Originally Posted by kdodd
Got a 2003 FLHTI, never liked the stock seat, just dealt with it. Give me some opinions on your best seat picks. I'm good in town but long rides it's not good. Iv been looking at the saddleman Roadsofa CF seat.
I purchased this seat with the heated option, and have no regrets on my purchase. Just remember there's a break-in period for the seat, before you begin to feel the full comfort of this seat.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:19 AM
OldManBkr
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I had the stock, upgraded to the hammock liked it, then didn't like it. I went with a mustang seat super touring deluxe.. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! it is so much more comfortable. The HD seats are flimsy and don't compare. I have had Corbin, great seat, and tried the road sofa. I did just sell a 2021 cvo streetglide, and the seat on that was not great either.

The following users liked this post:
4Evr_Cruzn (11-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 02:40 PM
DinoM
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ahhlou
This opinion may incite a raised eyebrow or some foul language .. but ... I found my RK a little high after 10 years with a Fatboy Lo so, as a temporary measure I bought one of those cheap copies of a CVO seat on eBay. Thinking I would replace it with a "Real" seat when I find what I was looking for. Well, to my surprise I did not find it all that bad comfort wise even though it was cheaply built. So I put it to the test. I went on a 15 thousand mile cross country road trip over 2 months with some 12 hour days and a healthy dose of nasty weather.

In the end, I have to say it was one of the most comfortable seats I have ridden in the past 40 years...
My brother did the same thing... bought one of those $300 CVO "replicas" and he says the same thing. It's one of the most comfortable seats he's owned. My only issue with them and the actual CVO seats is that I've got to have a backrest. Can't run a backrest with these seats

Old 11-22-2022, 03:32 PM
mike131
Road Warrior
Received 636 Likes on 412 Posts

I like my Sundowner and the wife likes it on the back

Old 11-22-2022, 04:24 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,012 Likes on 2,002 Posts

Another nod for the sundowner...definitely an all day seat. It does sit me about an inch higher but it's pretty narrow in front so backing up isn't an issue. Only complaint is its big...and wide and it looks bigger on my road king. So I picked up a used Danny Grey weekender for 200 bucks off Craigslist at the beginning of this season and it hasn't been off the bike since. If I was going to do a multiple day trip I'd definitely go with the sundowner though.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:56 PM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 840 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by kdodd
Got a 2003 FLHTI, never liked the stock seat, just dealt with it. Give me some opinions on your best seat picks. I'm good in town but long rides it's not good. Iv been looking at the saddleman Roadsofa CF seat.
What can I say my Corbin just arrived

Old 11-22-2022, 10:24 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,528 Likes on 4,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2

What can I say my Corbin just arrived

They certainly make a good looking seat....!!

Quick Reply: Touring Seats