Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Flhpi TC88 pursuit switch enables different map in ecm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 10:13 PM
SGT. Sam's passenger
Advanced
Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ve9aa
I called my brother today and he's been riding official police FL's(in the line of duty) for a couple decades.

He calls complete BS on the stock police bike acting in this way. That switch (as others have stated) has nothing whatsoever to do with engine performance.

Soooooo, either you are completely full of ****
or
this is wired to SOMETHING, that apparently you cannot find.

No judgement. I am not there, haven't seen the bike, nor know why you are unable to located this "amazing invisible mod" that apparently increases HP beyond all imagination (or whatever it was you said) on a, yeah, uh-huh, ahem, $3000 bike.

All seems a little bit convenient for a 15 post newbie.

I bet you can tell which way I am "leaning" (not that it's any skin off your nose what I believe, LOL)

I joined this forum to learn about these bikes from people with more experience and grey hair than I have lol. Please thank your brother for his service in law enforcement. It's definitely a tough career more than ever these days. Men like him keep us safe.
Your right I am full of ****, I'm just not making this particular **** up. I like the way you made it sound like if I flip the switch a thruster rocket comes out the back and it breaks the sound barrier 😂😂😂. With respect to your brother and his experience as a motor officer,..... just cause you haven't seen it or heard about it, doesn't make it untrue. When I get to the bottom of the rocket thruster switch I'll definitely post pics.im from the same school believe none of what you hear, & half of what you see/ read. Keeps the bullshit down
I asked this question on a forum because all my online research hasn't turned anything up, And talking to many of my friends and family who combined have forgotten more about Harley Davidsons than I'll probably ever know has produced minimal results lol, believe it or not I have way more important things to do than make up **** for people I don't know to talk about. None the less thanks for your input and I mean it when I say I'm thankful for your brothers service.

P. S. Those last few pics were the day before I bought the bike on the top right corner of the cardboard sign you can see $3000, I never even tried to talk him down.

Last edited by SGT. Sam's passenger; 11-22-2022 at 10:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Highway Handler (11-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 10:57 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,315 Likes on 862 Posts

Well, it’s a fairly straightforward job to trace the wires from the switch and see where they go. That alone should help you find the magic. What that magic is, that’s another question.

A factory service manual, with the police bike supplement, will help you greatly with the chase and understanding what you are seeing.

SGT. Sam's passenger (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 12:14 AM
Highway Handler
HDF Community Team
Received 657 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT. Sam's passenger

I joined this forum to learn about these bikes from people with more experience and grey hair than I have lol. Please thank your brother for his service in law enforcement. It's definitely a tough career more than ever these days. Men like him keep us safe.
Your right I am full of ****, I'm just not making this particular **** up. I like the way you made it sound like if I flip the switch a thruster rocket comes out the back and it breaks the sound barrier 😂😂😂. With respect to your brother and his experience as a motor officer,..... just cause you haven't seen it or heard about it, doesn't make it untrue. When I get to the bottom of the rocket thruster switch I'll definitely post pics.im from the same school believe none of what you hear, & half of what you see/ read. Keeps the bullshit down
I asked this question on a forum because all my online research hasn't turned anything up, And talking to many of my friends and family who combined have forgotten more about Harley Davidsons than I'll probably ever know has produced minimal results lol, believe it or not I have way more important things to do than make up **** for people I don't know to talk about. None the less thanks for your input and I mean it when I say I'm thankful for your brothers service.

P. S. Those last few pics were the day before I bought the bike on the top right corner of the cardboard sign you can see $3000, I never even tried to talk him down.
I nominate you for the Diplomacy Award if there was one for that reply.

I had a couple of vehicles that had a “valet” mode, never used it but it was there.
I don’t know of such a thing on a stock Harley, but yours is pre owned so who knows what was done to it. You may need to take your bike to someone who can track it down.

I am waiting for you to get it figured out. Probably not standard police equipment as others have stated.
The seat is not for a Road King that you put on either, maybe you already know.

Last edited by Highway Handler; 11-23-2022 at 12:21 AM.
eighteight (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 07:06 AM
SGT. Sam's passenger
Advanced

Originally Posted by Highway Handler
I nominate you for the Diplomacy Award if there was one for that reply.

I had a couple of vehicles that had a “valet” mode, never used it but it was there.
I don’t know of such a thing on a stock Harley, but yours is pre owned so who knows what was done to it. You may need to take your bike to someone who can track it down.

I am waiting for you to get it figured out. Probably not standard police equipment as others have stated.
The seat is not for a Road King that you put on either, maybe you already know.
Thank you sir I appreciate your statement. As I said I'm from the same school he is from, and there's lots of lonely people that get off on people that respond to their posts. If they own a Harley and actually ride it they shouldn't be very lonely. I have found that when you aquire a Harley you actually become part of a huge family. Matter of fact if you're on two wheels period, you are part of a big family. IDC what you ride , if you're on two wheels I gonna throw you a wave , if you're on the side of the road I'm going to stop and try to help. One of the guys had a wiring supplement for his 06 flhpi he's had since 126 miles. He posted the wiring from the switch to what it controls. I'm going to be removing the side covers, tank and front forks for maintenance, and to fit the ferring on it. When I do, I'm going to trace the wiring down and get to the bottom of the " magic" switch 😂. I promise to post what I find out. Here in KY we have a few more weeks of weather that's decent enough to ride in one of the main reasons I haven't already taken it back apart for further inspection. When I wrecked him about a month after I got him going, I took a lot of stuff apart to put him back together, that's when I did my first search for a piggyback module or tuner to no avail. I've been trying to figure it out for the past 6 months without taking it back apart. The schematics in my flh service manual, only have the civilian wiring diagram now that I know the colors I should be able to find out how it works no problem. Keep the shiny side up brother 🙏
THe seat that is on there is from a 2015 road King. ( (Still not the right seat) apparently from what I'm finding (if I'm wrong please correct me) but 99-06 have particular seats different from the other models. I had to get inventive with the hardware but it's way better than the road zeppelin I had at first. Talk about wrong seat. Super comfortable, and as long as you don't need in the bags it didn't look bad. I'm waiting for a swap meet in the spring to try and trade or buy one that actually fits.
Good eye spotting that. Just goes to show Harley owners know their machines.

Last edited by SGT. Sam's passenger; 11-23-2022 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:15 AM
SGT. Sam's passenger
Advanced

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Well, it’s a fairly straightforward job to trace the wires from the switch and see where they go. That alone should help you find the magic. What that magic is, that’s another question.

A factory service manual, with the police bike supplement, will help you greatly with the chase and understanding what you are seeing.
One of the other members, orbit I believe has the supplement for the police models and put the colors and where they go on here so just what I was looking for. Thanks for all the input on this. This is just one of the reasons I have joined this forum. Sometimes a fresh perspective can be exactly what you need to get past a problem. Keep the shiny side up brother.

Old 11-23-2022, 10:08 AM
eighteight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,606 Likes on 2,669 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT. Sam's passenger

No offense meant but you probably should have
I think I`d be hard pressed to get $5K for my bike pictured below and it needs essentially nothing
Either way glad you`re happy and enjoy the ride

Last edited by eighteight; 11-23-2022 at 10:45 AM.
dfixit1 (12-01-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 03:00 PM
SGT. Sam's passenger
Advanced

I paid $3k.for two reasons. I had planned on offering $2k. (Considering I wasn't even going to buy him, and just stopped out of curiosity, my other bike was doing fine by me.)
Then I went to get it with my friend a Harley Davidson guy / mechanic ,who happens to be around the same age as the guy who owns it. They had both moved from northern Ohio to KY at the same time and lost touch with each other. Them being friends actually would have made it $2500 (what he had paid for the bike) he then threw in a truck bed full of extra parts including a pretty much new seat (didn't fit the bike) and a police ferring that did fit highway pegs,mirrors,odds and ends and two sets of handlebars .He had bought the bike in 2017 for he and his 17 year old grandson to build. (3 Tool boxes & 30 or so pics hanging in the garage of him with other bikes and a race team from the 70,s 80,s & 90,s ) The man was diagnosed with vertigo 3 months later and lost all his licenses. He had been driving a truck for the last 5 years. So basically lost his income and didn't trust anyone to teach his grandson how to ride. So he was selling it for enough money for a decent car or truck. When he and the grandson walked in the house. My buddy told me that he was on the level and this guy always had a bike and was building one.
Then the bike is from Georgia and has a sheriff bag on one side and my father lived and died in Georgia and was a sheriff in Cherokee county for 10 years after being one here in KY for 15. So I'ma sucker and just gave him the $3k for good measure in the karma department . I used some of my inheritance money from my dad and on June 15th which is dad's birthday I bought Sam . That's a beautiful machine you must live where it gets cold a lot. That's a $6 -$8k bike in KY easy.

Last edited by SGT. Sam's passenger; 11-23-2022 at 03:02 PM.