Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's what the dealer said!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Here's what the dealer said!

ORIGINAL: FX4

Well I'm running True duals and I did a have power increase after installing them. I also run SERT and the one thing I will say is that the Rineharts were a real bear to tune. In the end I ended up with 69HP and 95Flbs of torque. It took a lot of effort to get there. I would not buy Rineharts again.
I think you have a problem there. I didnt have any problem with my Rineharts. And 69HP out of a 96 incher doesnt sound right. That is if you have done a A/C mod as well. Im getting more ponies out of my 88.
As far as torque with true duals. I believe they just relocate the max touque in the curve. They will for sure help with the heat issue.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:45 AM
sknyfats
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When in doubt, dyno it out.

The loss of torque with the true duals is negligible, especially with all the other upgrades you'll be doing (cam's & big bore). Get the true duals if you like'em. They look and sound sharp.

Have your bike dyno'd before & after and I guarantee you'll be pleased with the end results.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

ORIGINAL: Donnylee

Yes I have heard that, and appreciate you sharing it. Couple things with Paradise, its my second bikepurchase over there and they treat me like gold. But the biggest consideration is I had my mind set to buy an 08 SG for months before they hit the dealers. So inventory coming in was a big consideration to match what I was looking for. But I ended up with one of the first 08 SG to hit Portland. In Crimson Red. I got it for MSRP and given my happiness with the family over there they are worth a fewextrabucks to me. I also had a trade whichwas the firstbikeI bought from them. Theydid meright.
That makes a lot of sense, and I am glad to hear a positive story out of that dealer. Good customer service and a friendly/positive attitude towards me is definitely worth some extra money. Congrats on the new bike. If I see a Crimson Red SG sitting over there, I will be sure to say hello.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:19 AM
doggiedave
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the tcc true duals and they don't have the kink on the right side but are straight all the way.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

FX4: Is the 69 hp in your post a typo???? My '04 EG bone stock 88 with Rinehart TD's, SE a/c, and a TVII for fuel management made 74 hp. And to say that it "took a lot of time" to get to 69 hp is very surprising. Either it's a typo, the guy tuning the bike blew the tune, or you have engine problems, IMHO.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skip the duals and go with the 2-1. Especially if you are going to get into the motor down the road.

I had the fullBassani system with the powercurve and reverse megaphonesfor a year. They work and sound good, but not as good as a well tuned D&D Fatcat. I have seen several ghost pipes with this setup around here. They look real good.

Take a look at my pic below.....tell me that is not one bea-uuuute of a pipe!!!

Good luck.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Burple_X
Intermediate

Has anyone actually had the 103 kit installed on a 2008 yet? I bought my SG over a month ago and paid for the 103 kit when I bought it. After reading here today, I called my dealer and asked if they had the kit or if it has been release yet. I got conflicting answers. Parts department says the part number is active but they don't handle parts sold with the bike. Of course the salesman that I bought my bike from is off today, so I can't quiz him. But there is still an open order on the accessories I bought and paid for. Everything else seems to be there except for the 103 kit.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kern

Skip the duals and go with the 2-1. Especially if you are going to get into the motor down the road.

I had the fullBassani system with the powercurve and reverse megaphonesfor a year. They work and sound good, but not as good as a well tuned D&D Fatcat. I have seen several ghost pipes with this setup around here. They look real good.

Take a look at my pic below.....tell me that is not one bea-uuuute of a pipe!!!

Good luck.
Honestly, that pipe looks terrible, and the chrome on the rest of the bike is even worse!

Old 08-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Chilhowee
Tourer

Interestingly, I called the sales manager at another dealer and he said that adding the SERT voids the warranty! He said it is flagged by the moco as one of those items that although a screaming eagle, it's made for racing performance??

Listening to the various dealers differing answers not only makes my head spin, but makes it VERY difficult to trust anything they say.