Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today Part II

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 09:49 AM
Mongo1958
Road Master
Received 528 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_ish
I love those things. I'd never be without it
Yup, me too.

Old 04-18-2024, 09:55 AM
Harley_ish
Road Master
Received 464 Likes on 304 Posts

And I believe there are extended versions available if someone feels "cramped"

The following users liked this post:
Mongo1958 (04-28-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 09:58 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Received 1,450 Likes on 846 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_ish
And I believe there are extended versions available if someone feels "cramped"
The biggest pain is going from a bike with two shift pedals to a bike with one only or vice-versa lol.

Mongo1958 (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 10:45 AM
Mongo1958
Road Master

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
The biggest pain is going from a bike with two shift pedals to a bike with one only or vice-versa lol.
The Ghost Peddle. Reminds me of when I went from a manual shift to an automatic. My left foot went to the floor board in an attempt to push in the Ghost Clutch Peddle. LOL

Old 04-18-2024, 10:51 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Received 1,450 Likes on 846 Posts

Originally Posted by Mongo1958
The Ghost Peddle. Reminds me of when I went from a manual shift to an automatic. My left foot went to the floor board in an attempt to push in the Ghost Clutch Peddle. LOL
Hilarious! That's like me going for the brake pedal when I'm in the passenger seat and my wife is driving lol.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cornpipe:
426power (04-18-2024), Mongo1958 (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 01:01 PM
mynewhd
Cruiser
Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RiggerWings
I have the full coverage extended warranty. Not a service plan. If I took it in for warranty work and they deemed whatever issue was because of bad oil…and the oil change was done at some hack shop or done by me, they wouldn’t cover the work. They only warranty HD work, HD service, and HD parts (or authorized parts installed by HD).
If the service wasn’t completed by an authorized HD mechanic (which I am not) then the work isn’t warrantied.
That is just not true. A dealer cannot force you to get service only at the dealer to uphold the warranty. Now, if you changed cams or did other work yourself and the engine blew, then tried to warranty it, perhaps you'll have a problem. Hang on to your receipts and/or log your maintenance so there is a history. The dealer has spooked you into only letting them service the bike.

The following 2 users liked this post by mynewhd:
BrandonSmith (04-18-2024), wilburbill (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 03:28 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by RiggerWings
I have the full coverage extended warranty. Not a service plan. If I took it in for warranty work and they deemed whatever issue was because of bad oil…and the oil change was done at some hack shop or done by me, they wouldn’t cover the work. They only warranty HD work, HD service, and HD parts (or authorized parts installed by HD).
If the service wasn’t completed by an authorized HD mechanic (which I am not) then the work isn’t warrantied.
Originally Posted by mynewhd
That is just not true. A dealer cannot force you to get service only at the dealer to uphold the warranty. Now, if you changed cams or did other work yourself and the engine blew, then tried to warranty it, perhaps you'll have a problem. Hang on to your receipts and/or log your maintenance so there is a history. The dealer has spooked you into only letting them service the bike.
@RiggerWings I agree with @mynewhd. They cannot force you to use their services to MAINTAIN your bike. That is against the law. If they told you that, they committed a crime for which HD has already been sued and lost more than once. All maintenance can be performed by anyone so long as they have the correct tools and follow the correct procedures. For warranty claims, you must keep records of your maintenance as proof: receipts, logs, etc. You do not have to use their products to maintain your vehicle either, so long as what you're using is within their specs (e.g., they say to use HD360 20W-50 engine oil in the crankcase, but you can use any 20W-50 that meets the same specifications).

Performance upgrades can get sketchy as they COULD say that what you changed on the bike contributed to a failure. Of course, HD will not warranty an S&S cam or pushrods, because they didn't make the S&S parts, etc.

The burden of proof is on the issuing party (insurance/warranty company). They have to prove that what you've done contributed to a failure.

Does adding Cobra slipons contribute to a failed wheel bearing? No. So your warranty would still be in effect.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice.

Old 04-18-2024, 04:23 PM
RiggerWings
Cruiser

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
@RiggerWings I agree with @mynewhd. They cannot force you to use their services to MAINTAIN your bike. That is against the law. If they told you that, they committed a crime for which HD has already been sued and lost more than once. All maintenance can be performed by anyone so long as they have the correct tools and follow the correct procedures. For warranty claims, you must keep records of your maintenance as proof: receipts, logs, etc. You do not have to use their products to maintain your vehicle either, so long as what you're using is within their specs (e.g., they say to use HD360 20W-50 engine oil in the crankcase, but you can use any 20W-50 that meets the same specifications).

Performance upgrades can get sketchy as they COULD say that what you changed on the bike contributed to a failure. Of course, HD will not warranty an S&S cam or pushrods, because they didn't make the S&S parts, etc.

The burden of proof is on the issuing party (insurance/warranty company). They have to prove that what you've done contributed to a failure.

Does adding Cobra slipons contribute to a failed wheel bearing? No. So your warranty would still be in effect.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice.
Thank you for the advice. I've read those stories on here over the years, that HD denied warranty work because an authorized HD mechanic didn't perform the maintenance/repairs/mods/etc.

I think I'll us HD for my 1K and 5K, only because it's free for me, and do my own from there on out.

BrandonSmith (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 05:45 PM
Diesel X
Cruiser
Received 163 Likes on 65 Posts

Got my new seat put on. Ordered it Monday and it arrived today. Planning on testing it out Saturday.

MikeTD3 (04-19-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 08:40 PM
Mongo1958
Road Master

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Hilarious! That's like me going for the brake pedal when I'm in the passenger seat and my wife is driving lol.
Bwaaaa HAHAHAHA!!!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today Part II