Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An open letter to Corbin....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 06:06 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default An open letter to Corbin....

Sergio, you recently asked me to give Corbin another chance to show me the changes ya'll have made. I decided to do just that this afternoon, calling and talking to a Sales Person about a saddle for our '07 FLHTCU. It was as if no one was interested in LISTENING to me. After telling the young lady that I was looking for a saddle for my bike and couldn't locate it on the website, she firmly told me "Yes, it's there!". Okay....let the stupid customer look about a bit more....oh, okay - THERE it is...yes ma'm you're right - your stupid customer should read all the fine print rather than look for something that resembles what he's looking for. Stitch pattern options? "Oh - just wander around the site and see if you see something you like." Thanks - I have LOTS of time to look at every one of your saddle models to look for a stitch pattern I want.

When I call a company, it's because I'm trying to make a final selection and BUY a product - not be sent off on yet another search. Why not "Sir, I'm sorry - tell me again the type of bike you have, and let me help you find the proper area - it CAN be rather confusing!" Or "Do you have any idea as to a particular style or pattern so I might be able to guide you to the area that best matches what you're searching for?"

So, Sergio....tell me again why I should give Corbin another shot, please. And yes - after I hung up from the "Sales"(if she worked for ME, she wouldn't for long) rep, I called back for you, but you weren't there - but that's okay, because at that point it was more to tell you my opinion about the folks you have on your front line.

Signed,

Fed Up

Old 09-04-2007, 06:17 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: An open letter to Corbin....

[sm=popcorn.gif]

The philosophy of Corporate America has been slowly evolving to "if you don't want it, screw you, somebody else will buy it", and unfortunately someone else does..................alot of someone else's.

Screw 'em Tex.

Thanks for posting and although this is about Corbin and not where I bought my seat, my dealings with C&C Seats couldn't have been any better. Chuck took MORE than enough time to make sure I was happy with my selection. I'd recommend them to anyone...............and I have.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:19 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corbins are high-pricedcrap, in my humble opinion. [:'(]

Old 09-04-2007, 06:28 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Yeah - spoke w/Chuck the other day. Because my better half rides with me a LOT while touring, he wasn't sure that they'd be able to make the both of us happy. I appreciated his honesty and forthrightness!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:31 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

Yeah - spoke w/Chuck the other day. Because my better half rides with me a LOT while touring, he wasn't sure that they'd be able to make the both of us happy. I appreciated his honesty and forthrightness!
I thought of that after I posted my reply. They didn't have a great selection of touring seats that the little bride would be content riding on for any distance, but the professionalism and courtesy of Chuck at C&C was definitely something others could learn from.

Goodluck and don't take no crap!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:43 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic
I thought of that after I posted my reply. They didn't have a great selection of touring seats that the little bride would be content riding on for any distance, but the professionalism and courtesy of Chuck at C&C was definitely something others could learn from.

Goodluck and don't take no crap!
That's what impressed me w/him - he was out when I called, so I left a message. He called me back, we talked about what I'm looking for, and he let me know that he didn't think he could do what I wanted. I'm fine with that - a straight answer is ALWAYS better in my book.

An' bein' an ol' Redneck, ah ain't exactly famous fer puttin' up with BS....

Old 09-04-2007, 06:45 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

Sergio, you recently asked me to give Corbin another chance to show me the changes ya'll have made. I decided to do just that this afternoon, calling and talking to a Sales Person about a saddle for our '07 FLHTCU. It was as if no one was interested in LISTENING to me. After telling the young lady that I was looking for a saddle for my bike and couldn't locate it on the website, she firmly told me "Yes, it's there!". Okay....let the stupid customer look about a bit more....oh, okay - THERE it is...yes ma'm you're right - your stupid customer should read all the fine print rather than look for something that resembles what he's looking for. Stitch pattern options? "Oh - just wander around the site and see if you see something you like." Thanks - I have LOTS of time to look at every one of your saddle models to look for a stitch pattern I want.

When I call a company, it's because I'm trying to make a final selection and BUY a product - not be sent off on yet another search. Why not "Sir, I'm sorry - tell me again the type of bike you have, and let me help you find the proper area - it CAN be rather confusing!" Or "Do you have any idea as to a particular style or pattern so I might be able to guide you to the area that best matches what you're searching for?"

So, Sergio....tell me again why I should give Corbin another shot, please. And yes - after I hung up from the "Sales"(if she worked for ME, she wouldn't for long) rep, I called back for you, but you weren't there - but that's okay, because at that point it was more to tell you my opinion about the folks you have on your front line.

Signed,

Fed Up
So - Corbin gets the award.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes I wonder if anyone screens prospective employees anymore.Customer service has gone to hell in a handbag.Maybe Sergio should have a talk with the rest of the Corbin employees before he promises good service next time.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:26 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Harley Rulz
Sometimes I wonder if anyone screens prospective employees anymore.Customer service has gone to hell in a handbag.Maybe Sergio should have a talk with the rest of the Corbin employees before he promises good service next time.
Yeah. Well, Sergio DID make the claim - all ah did wuz check on it...guess it's yet another myth that's been BUSTED, eh?

Old 09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

I talked to Pepper at the Ormond Beach location..he was very helpful

Quick Reply: An open letter to Corbin....