Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 PM
folkxrock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pipes

ORIGINAL: kyBriar

Well I guess no one has ever done this. The manufactures won't even reply to my emails. It sounded like everyone on this site knew everything there was to know about Harleys but can't answer this.[:@]
PS - the first guy I talked to at V&H said it would work - after I found out it would not, he sent me to the next guy and he laughed and said, sorry man, it won't work. However, V&H did cut me a deal on a new pipe and went above and beyond to take care of me. V&H Rocks.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 PM
kyBriar
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What pipe did they send you? I figured they were the same for 07 o2 ports. I am glad you answered becuase V&H finally emailed me back and said they would fit but they have not tested them with wide band sensors. They are for the stock ones.
Any help you can give is great so I don't screw something up. I sure do not want to put stock ones back on.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:27 PM
folkxrock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, reinstalling the stock system would really suck. V&H told me they would work also (at first), but I am now 100% sure the rear (left) pipe will not bolt up. I cannot belive they are still saying the will work. You will either have to install a pre-07 pipe or have the bung moved at a welding shop. The pre-07 and 07 pipes are the exact same shape (bend) with only the addition of the bung on the '07 pipes. Again, no problem on the right side. The problem is the bung is placed right on top of the engine/starter bracket.
You will need the bracket for the pre-'07 kit. I think the part number something like 353p (but I am not sure about the number).
The '07 bracket is different due to the motor change.
If you have any other questions, send me a PM and I will send you my phone number. It took me about two-weeks to get enough parts together to install my pipes. Not a good experience - I installed, uninstalled and reinstalled more times thanI care to count in the process. However,I could install a set of exhaust on a bike in about 15-minutes now.