Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROADKING VS 1500 HONDA INTERSTATE

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM
hedgehorn
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellotang
No matter how one spins it, the valk is still a Jap bike!
It may be of Jap design but its made in the good old USA

Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You're incredible

Dude,
This can't be a surprise...you had to know it was coming (nobody is this stupid). In that whole big write up you did....the "read between the lines" is screaming of your Harley envy. Why else would a rice rocket owner post his "just as good as a harley" crap on a web site called "hdforums.com" You ain't nothing but a jap troll with a bad case of scooter envy. Don't worry buddy...if every girl was skinny with big *******...we wouldn't have beauty...and if everyone rode a harley...all them fat girls would be missing out on a ride
-clutch-

Originally Posted by valkowner
The wing will not be a lamp in 10-15 years of ownership (very reliable 1520cc motor same can be said of 1832cc engine) and if buying used like I did, will not depreciate much more. I paid around 8K for my 01 valk. interstate with 14,500 miles on it 2 years ago and if I don't wreck it, will hold it's value 10 years from now at least 6.5K even though when new probably cost 15,500 bucks. By the way, the Valkyrie is like a wing, but with 6 carbs, not 2 and faster. I own a 2001 Valk Interstate all stock and my harley neighbor (harley mentality that harleys are best) owning a harley ultra classic 95CID big bore kit stage 3 kit costing over 3K came over and first question he asked me is how much I paid, I told him around 8K and he was impressed saying that's a good deal. 2nd question was what was it and I told him and he said it won't run with his decked out ultra classic making 115hp on dyno. To me, it is not harley vs. honda. It is stupid people like that who make accusations saying mine is faster than yours. I could really care less, but I know it would be one close race with my bike costing 8K bone stock used vs. his costing with 3K+ in engine mods, etc. alone over 18K. Can I afford a harley, maybe, but why spend 10K more if I am happy with what I got. There is no need to cut down harley, honda, etc.. If you want to race your RK at 103hp vs. stock valk. interstate at 93 hp, go for it. I bet driver error makes the difference, not cycle and race best 2 out of 3 or best 3 out of 5 just to make sure both cycles/drivers agreed they did their best and left at the same time. My .02 cents = 103-115 hp harley might beat my stock valk interstate and the same goes for a VTX1800 or most likely a 1832cc goldwing would beat my stock valk. interstate stock vs. stock. Don't know, really don't care much. I do know my stock valk. interstate is pretty fast when I need it to go. Recently, I was in 3rd gear passing pushing 80 mph and was more than ***** and giggles until I saw a cop with me going 80 in a 50 mph zone and got lucky to slow down in time. It is the ignorant people like my neighbor stating his bike will no doubt outrun my bike without any doubt in his voice, not a harley vs. honda thing. He does not know anything about a valk. interstate and to make that type of assumption shows to me that it takes all kinds of bike mfg. owners to show their true ignorance. One thing I love about my valk. interstate (less shifting involved) that no V-twin Harley can do is slow down to 20-25 mph in top gear(5th) and punch the throttle wide open. No hesitation or engine shudder like a v-twin will do making you downshift and hunt for the lower gear, the valk. just goes like a bat out of hell. Does this make it better than a harley, NO - just different.

Last edited by clutchglass; 10-23-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 PM
psychocircus
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by streetg7
there is a guy at work who has a Goldwing...offered to race me in the quarter mile...top speed etc. After some discussion...the truth cam out! His old lady wont let him spend the money on a Harley...which he really wants!
if he has a wing then he can certainly afford a harley...

this price war that comes up is so funny, the wing i was looking at was round 26k... i got my ultra for 18k ( both 09's)

its not that they cant afford HD, they choose not to. the guys that talk about how loud their HD is compared to metrics, they have never been next to a valk with 6 into 6 straight piped...shakes the freaking ground!
but thats all bs anyways, i dont care bout loudness. it means nothing. now a nice tone...thats what really kicks ***.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:15 PM
1953riderforlife
Tourer

Originally Posted by ROADKING05
MY ROADKING IS PRETTY STRONG. I HAD IT ON 3 DIFFERENT DYNOS,GOT 3 DIFFERENT #s BUT I DO KNOW ON SAME DYNO IT IS STRONGER THAN A STOCK 103 WITH RACE TUNER AND PIPES, MY QUESTION IS WILL A ROADKING PULLING 103 HP RUN WITH A HONDA VALKRIE 1500 INTERSTATE. I WORK WITH A FREIND THAT RIDES ONE OF THESE BIKES AND HE HAS A BUDDY RIDING A GOLDWING.WELL IT IS TWO AGAINS ONE HERE.I HAVE RODE BEHIND THE GOLDWING AND I FELT LIKE I COULD HAVE TOOK HIM BUT HE IS NOT THE ONE THAT RUNS DOWN HARLEYS ALL THE TIME AND I DIDNT PUSH IT JUST KEPT PRESSURE ON THE GOLDWING 1800, THE 1500 VALKRIE GUY IS THE ONE I WANT TO TEAR A NEW ONE,JUST DONT KNOW HOW STRONG THIS BIKE REALLY IS AND IF HE OUT RUNS THE ROADKING I WILL CATCH HELL AT WORK, WE HAVE NOT RUN AGAINS EACH OTHER YET, BUT IT IS COMING, CAN I TAKE THE HONDA 6 BANGER. CAN SOMEBODY SHINE SOME LIGHT HERE, THIS GUY CAN REALLY GET UNDER YOUR SKIN, IF HE WASNT A FREIND I WOULD HAVE ALLREADY KILLED HIM.
I don't want to be rude here but don't know any other way to say this, Grow Up. You're not in high school any more.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 PM
psychocircus
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vindyl
I say you might have your hands full them valkeries really run strong. As far as parking it side by side I had just a honda and when I rode with my friends my honda always got the looks. I do miss that bike sometimes> but someday my eg will be done.
ditto

Attached Thumbnails  ROADKING VS 1500 HONDA INTERSTATE-sabre-sig1.jpg  

Last edited by psychocircus; 10-23-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

You're screwed. If you want to race, by a Crotch Rocket. You bought the wrong bike if racing is what gets you going.

Harley's are about cruising, being cool and attitude. When he tells you he can out run you, just say: "Okay, but you still ride a Honda? Kawasaki? Suzuki? I can't tell by just looking at it".

Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fltri4me
and did you notice the original post date?? 12/14/05
damn it, i hate it when i do that. Lol

Old 10-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Sandy Mike
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Not what you ride, but that you ride.

We all make choices on our bikes, I was riding a "jap bike" (VTX) until a year ago and it was a pretty good bike. Not what I wanted though, and to make it what I wanted would have cost a LOT of dough - and it would still be just a Honda with a resale price of whatever.

Bought my Ultra, it is exactly what I wanted, got lots of power for me with the stage 1 kit, and I LOVE it.

Yep, lots of bikes out there are faster, and I hope their owners like them as much as I like my Harley

Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 PM
genedjr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it

I prolly should not comment now - but WTF - I woke this thread up after 2 years and not a single person actually answered my question.

Are you all idiots [yes I am provoking].

My wife, whom I would love to show the greatness of the states, has crippling arthritis and actually cant deal with the awsume rumble of Harley's at idle. And very little of the vibs we [readers] love on long rides.

But I really desire to have my partner with me across america.

So again I ask - can the GW ride like a caddy?
...gene

Old 10-24-2009, 12:40 AM
upirons
Advanced

At one point I had both a Street Glide and a CBR600RR. The CBR is a great bike and very fast, loved taking it knee dragging on the track. Most of the time I would be on my Street Glide whenever I felt going out for a ride. Always took the Harley for the long rides and weekend rides. Two different bikes all together but a lot of fun regardless.

Quick Reply: ROADKING VS 1500 HONDA INTERSTATE