Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing's Permanent Dual Temp-Controller

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Gerbing's Permanent Dual Temp-Controller

Anybody install this temp controller in their dash for a clean install.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Gerbing's Permanent Dual Temp-Controller

Nobody, huh. Thought somebody would have a very niceclean set up on their dash or where the switches are.

Can anybody tell me what they do with their controller's then. clip it on their belts? tank bag?

Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 PM
jlelliott
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLuHX

Nobody, huh. Thought somebody would have a very niceclean set up on their dash or where the switches are.

Can anybody tell me what they do with their controller's then. clip it on their belts? tank bag?
I use the "portable" controller. Wired it to the battery, snaked the controller wire up under the tank and used double sided tape to secure it to the inner fairing of my Ultra down low. Ran the plug in end of the harness under the seat and pull it out of the backrest slot whenever I need it. Easy to use and goes with me when I trade bikes.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:45 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLuHX

Anybody install this temp controller in their dash for a clean install.
[align=left] [/align]
I just went through this process myself and decided to order the single portable controller from HD instead of a Gerbings dealer, mainly because you can buy the HD variant for less ($55 from Zanotti's) and has the pouch/clip in the package--an extra cost option from Gerbings. HD doesn't sell the permanent controller. I didn't see the point of taking the time to fabricate the permanent controller in the dash for something I'd be using only occasionally in winter, so I'll decide where to mount the portable unit after it arrives on Wednesday. I suspect I'll clip it to my jacket pocket, although I may velcro it to a convenient place on the bike. Since I haven't been able to determine if the controller is waterproof, I may opt for the jacket option. I'll post back when I get it and make some decisions.

If you decide to mount it in the dash, I'd like to see a photo of the results--and your take on the project. If it proves workable and doesn't look out of place I may decide to go that route at a later date. It shouldn't be a difficult install.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 246 Likes on 158 Posts

I used a mounted controller from Heat Troller. Nice unit. Here is a link to the site:

http://www.heattroller.com/motorcycle_coax.php

Here is a pic of where I mounted it to the Road Glide

Old 11-05-2007, 10:34 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife and I bought the duel controllers from Gerbings with the optional belt clip pouches. I clip it on my belt just above the left front pocket of my jeans. Once it is set a rarely need to reset it on a ride. I wish they would mount them in a separate pocket on their coats, with only the ***** sticking out. But that would make too much sense

Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 AM
asmith1923
Stage II

Originally Posted by Biggzed
I used a mounted controller from Heat Troller. Nice unit. Here is a link to the site:

http://www.heattroller.com/motorcycle_coax.php

Here is a pic of where I mounted it to the Road Glide

I'm considering locating the ***** above and below (I'm doing dual controls) the speedo controls like you did. Can you tell me why your **** is off center, is there something in the way on the back? Is there room in the space below to put a second ****?

Old 07-16-2011, 09:58 AM
KACook
Advanced

I see this is an old thread.

Has anyone found or made a thremostat that fits in the switch housing on StreetGlides? I'm talking about where the Spot, Acc, and Cruse switches are.

I can picture a Wheel like switch, like on an old radio with just the edge of the wheel sticking out. The Spots could be wired direct to the Low Beams. That would leave 2 Switches on my bike.

I think it would look clean.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:23 AM
lipster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the **** is off center because it is off center on the controller.
Imagine a small box of wooden matches, with the **** on one of the ends.
The **** is on the left (right, if you turn it over), and the box of matches barely fits up in there, so the **** will be slightly to the left or right

Old 07-16-2011, 01:21 PM
dnitram
Road Master

Every time I see or hear the word "permanent" I shudder. Nothing is permanent but death and taxes. Example: My wife goes and gets a "permanent." Does it last? Heck NO! She gets them all the time... Should be called a "temporary." Kind of like permanently lubricated & sealed ball joints... 'Nuf said.

Quick Reply: Gerbing's Permanent Dual Temp-Controller