Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Bubble

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:46 AM
mdxd62
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Bubble

Anyone have one?
Have looked at one before as a different ideafor my winter cover.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:59 AM
dsrtdoc
Cruiser
Default RE: Harley Bubble

I used one to store my Porsche for the past two winters. Worked great. WIfe complained about the room it took up, but with the fan to keep moisture from settling and the battery tender the car was ready to run when ever the weather broke a little. Hope that helps. DD

Old 12-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,655 Likes on 580 Posts

seems a little extreme/ridiculas if you ask me. Well you kinda did ask.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:18 AM
mdxd62
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you can keep a battery tender on the bike while it is in the bubble. Sure would be nice to keep the condensation and winter dust off.
Seems no matter how good it is covered, still gets some.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:21 AM
murph3204
Road Master

for long-term storage it sounds like a great idea, if you have the room. Down here we pretty much ride all year so the little bikini cover i have for mine does fine.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:36 AM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: mdxd62

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you can keep a battery tender on the bike while it is in the bubble. Sure would be nice to keep the condensation and winter dust off.
Seems no matter how good it is covered, still gets some.
This will be the second year I have used one on my bike. I run the cord for the Battery Tender in through the small hole where the fan cord goes. Personally I love it. I have heat in the garage but it is set on 50 deg when I am not working in there and the bubble does a great job of not only keeping the bike from dust it keeps others from laying things on top of the bike. I have found with a regular cover people tend to think of the top of the bike as a place to lay things. The bubble keeps dust off, allows me to see the bike, keeps air movement around the bike all winter so no condensation can collect. I plan to get one for the wifes bike also.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 12-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bubbles are not de-humidifiers.... and will not keep out the moisture!... they just keep the air moving no matter what the temp is.... I've had them on my Corvette and Harley's and all they do is make is so you can see your bike and keep "some" of the dust off!....

In my opnion, they are not practical for general storage! too costly but, for storage where you have lots of room and you want to show off your bike or car to the neighbors then go for it.. Just been there, done that before I realized I was just wanting to be a showoff and not being practical

A big oversized clear plastic bag that sucks air in and blows air out... has a dust filter on the intake side but WILL NOT remove any moisture from the air!!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:22 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well is it outside or in a garage / shed to start with?

If outside then it might be wise.
But condensation will happen regardless.
As I've said before I'm in Wyoming and the weather gets as severe in winter here
as any other place in the lower 48.
But there is several days each month that the weather and roads are ridable during the winter.
I first moved to this house on the prairies in '94 still don't have a garage (taxes).
I left my bikes parked out front under a cover no tender till 2003 when the material in shed for house was used enough to get bike in it. Then this year I built a three sided bike port.
I have never had a problem with rust from condensation or engine failure or battery failure in that time. Neve used a tender or charger of any kind.
These new batteries are as good as one in your car.
And there are enough riding days to ride to keep it charged.
But to each his own and the money you want to spend

Old 12-02-2007, 11:19 AM
mhuckeba
Intermediate

Look At the Bike Barn. It woths well inside or out.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
http://www.thebikebarn.net/

[IMG]local://upfiles/41735/A9499415F7B34A62B27774D07B6A359E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-03-2007, 08:40 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put my ride away for the winter, its not the cold that I have to avoid but the darn salt they spray on the road.

I have for the past few years used ACF50. I clean the bike and just give it a good spray until I clean it again in the spring. I keep it in an unheated garage and throw a bike cover over it with an Optimate battery tender.

Google ACF50. I cant praise the stuff high enough.

WB

Quick Reply: Harley Bubble