Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Street Glide CD Player ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 03:06 AM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 Street Glide CD Player ???'s

I have an SG also I am on the second stereo, and it's on it way to the trash can, I am done dealing with the crap that the MOCO is trying to say. I am done wasting my time and having my bike in the shop time after time, when I could be out riding it.

KB

Old 01-06-2006, 01:55 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KBES,

Don't let them off this easy. Tell them to order a new one and Call you when it in. It make me upset when I hear thing like this.
ORIGINAL: KBES BAGGER

I have an SG also I am on the second stereo, and it's on it way to the trash can, I am done dealing with the crap that the MOCO is trying to say. I am done wasting my time and having my bike in the shop time after time, when I could be out riding it.

KB

Old 01-06-2006, 03:46 PM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

I did the MOCO is saying no and that it is my problem because I have pipes on it and the vibration or what ever from them is causing it. My local dealership knows me well and took care of me. They took a radio out of a brand new bike they got in, put it in my bike and gave it back to me. They broke the orginal one out of my bike bike beond repair and sent it back to the MOCO and said they recieved it that way. The second one does the same thing's the original did and I am sick of dealing with it. If the bike has to be in the shop this d@m much then they can make they payment for the month that it's there. They have already had it for a total of 2 week's doing warrenty crap to it. I am not the kind to give in but who can I yell at, my local is doing above and beyond what you would expect them to do, and I cant walk in the front door of the MOCO corprate (I live in CA.)

KB

ORIGINAL: lil_gmac2

KBES,

Don't let them off this easy. Tell them to order a new one and Call you when it in. It make me upset when I hear thing like this.
ORIGINAL: KBES BAGGER

KB

Old 01-06-2006, 10:04 PM
coolharley
Cruiser

Man that has got to be absolutely frustrating.

I know this, I have read enough about little "wrinkes" and "bugs" with these new Street Glides that I would never buy one - at least not this year. Little bugs that keep coming back are simply not acceptable when spending 20 grand for a 2-wheeler.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:04 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master

KBES BAGGER, Molsenice had a contact with the MoCo, phone number, maybe email or regmail address. He had a lemon Sporty he was fighting with, and had to go to the MoCo to get resolution. He may still have the contact info available, if you PM him. Then at least you can pursue it more fully. No reason somebody should be allowed to stonewall you or the dealer on a new product! There's been enough issues with the radios that they should be receptive to solving the problem, not blaming the customer.

Old 01-07-2006, 08:58 PM
streetglide#1
Road Captain

Im on my second stereo on my SG and it skips more than the first one,I guess it's time for round three.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:43 PM
XGlide
Advanced

I've not had any problems with my stereo. The speakers are not the best when the volume is all the way up and I'm playing the "Red Hot Chilli Peppers" but I've not heard any that are better. One of my customers came in today and told me he was having problems with the Automatic Volume Control. The service folks made an appointment with him and they are swapping it out. That's the only problem I've heard for with the new 06 radios from our store and we've had to sold at least 100+ bikes with this new system.

Old 01-07-2006, 10:23 PM
zopi
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Put about 50 miles on the CD player today..no skips..no probs..1st time 'ive used it..

Old 01-08-2006, 12:08 AM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

Yea me to, I talked to my service guy today and he is gonna call the MOCO on tues day and tell them to shove the radio where the sun dont shine and that I want my money back. If the MOCO wont compensate for the radio then I am gonna ride the bike up there a$$ and they can give me all my money back. I am absolutly done dealing with it, take that garbage radio out of there put the pocket from a standard in its place and compensate me the coin that the "top of the line HK" crap radio costs.

KB

ORIGINAL: streetglide#1

Im on my second stereo on my SG and it skips more than the first one,I guess it's time for round three.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: coolharley

Man that has got to be absolutely frustrating.

I know this, I have read enough about little "wrinkes" and "bugs" with these new Street Glides that I would never buy one - at least not this year. Little bugs that keep coming back are simply not acceptable when spending 20 grand for a 2-wheeler.
How is the radio a street glide bug or wrinkle? That H/K head unit is on every one of the radio equipped 06 touring models. Is this issue happening on all touring models? I am guessing yes but not at the rate the internet might have you believe. I have a street glide and its had some issues but NONE of them were FLHX specific or the radio. This tells me its not the model its the MODEL YEAR.

Quick Reply: 06 Street Glide CD Player ???'s