Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what pipes for stage I?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 AM
EagleArmsHBAR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what pipes for stage I?

What pipes should I get put on my 07 Ultra for the Stage I upgrade? Are there some good Screaming Eagle II pipes? I need part numbers, please...and want to spend little as possible

Old 01-08-2008, 06:58 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,985 Likes on 1,726 Posts
Default RE: what pipes for stage I?

The new SE pipes won't give you good rumble. You might consider Rush mufflers, good cost, good sound. LINK

Old 01-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are putting new pipes on might as well get something that sounds good, unless you prefer a quieter ride. I don't think Vance and Hines or Rineharts would cost all that much more than the SE slip-ons and they will give you way more sound. Don't limit yourself to just these 2 there are so many choices out there I would recommend spending a little time either searching this forum or other sources on the internet....you will find so many options it will make your head spin.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Softtail Bob
Road Captain

I second the Rush slip-on's, for the money the sound is great!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:33 AM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for a little rumble check out this sound clip for the new Rush Performance pipes from Fuel Moto; if your looking for less go with the Screamn' Eagle Street Performance slash downs.

http://fuelmotousa.com/

Old 01-09-2008, 02:45 AM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TNT Performance in Nashville did the dyno tune of an '07 bike whose owner tried several different mufflers looking for max low end performance using the stock headers. The owner ended up with SE street performance mufflers (80491-07) because they produced the best HP and TQ numbers. I have a set of these mufflers and they do help the low end performance of a Stage I upgrade. These mufflers are a little louder but deeper soundingthan stock with a bit of growl coming in around 3000 RPM when you twist the wick. If you want louder mufflers, you will need to get older SE II mufflers or go with Rush, V&H, etc. since Harley SE mufflers have been street legal (quiet) since '07.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:19 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Which Pipes Lession 101...

The sound of your PUTT is a "ME THING"... What is right for one may not always right for you.....

[align=center]Get out to a Rally or a Bike Night and put your ears to work for you....
WHEN YOU HEAR THAT SOUND THAT TURNS YOUR HEAD... GO OVER AND TALK TO THE RIDER....

[/align]
To many times people buy more then one set of slip-ons because there ears did not have the chance to do there job....

Old 01-09-2008, 05:56 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rineharts true duals.......[sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 AM
KingMe
Advanced

I have to second SoCal_Pappy, get out there and listen to the different pipes you are considering - up close and personal. Sound is definately a personal thing, what sounds good to one person may not to you. As far as perfomance goes with just a stage 1 you will not feel much "seat of the pants" difference between different pipes so get the one you want to listen to all of the time. If heat is an issue, consider true duals which gets the heat off your right leg.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:19 AM
catracho
Road Captain

Thunderheaders!!!

Quick Reply: what pipes for stage I?