Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals, Yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:15 AM
mysticwolf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True duals, Yes or no?

OK Guys here we go again, Spring is coming, and its about time to get the bike out. Ive got a 06 RG and its not loud enough, plus it lacks a little power, so I want to put on a new set of slip ons, but will they give me any more power?, or do I need to put on true duals with a sert and air cleaner? And what kind of air cleaner? should I stay with the stock cover and run a k&n, or change the whole thing to somthing different? I do alot of riding with the wife also, if that makes a diff.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:28 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: True duals, Yes or no?

Yes, on the Duals if you want a little more noise. No, on the Duals if you are looking for power gains. More people experience a power loss on the bottom end than anything else.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:34 PM
SFarace20
Cruiser

Just put Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes on mine. It is a little louder, but I can still hear the radio!!!! I really like the look as well

[IMG]local://upfiles/31685/20A7DA8787C84FDAB8F1D67808A8EC7B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.google.com/search?q=dobec...mp;rlz=1I7GGIHIf you are going to the air cleaner check out A Ness big sucker its a hard one to beat...You will also have to add some fuel to the old girl so I would advise the Dobeck TFI as you can tune it and don't have to mess with the computer and different downloads... True duals will give you a better sound but will do very little for performance...Good luck what ever you do....

Jer

Old 01-24-2008, 01:22 PM
mariner227
Road Master

I just ordered the supertrapp 2 into 1 for my flh. The true duals look better and sound good but do nothing for performance unless you do a big inch build. Eastern is having a sale on exhaust systems as we speak! I'll be selling a set of supertrapp performance se slipons next week. Do some kind of fuel management when you do your other changes.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
quackhead
Road Master

2 into 1's are better for performance, but i dont like the look of the left side with a pipe there. i went with rinehart td and love the sound. i also did SE air cleaner and have SERT but it isnt installed yet. i think it runs good and hopefully the SERT will help out even more.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:28 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm running the Moflo A/C and T-rex true duals, love em both!

Old 01-24-2008, 02:34 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

True duals, pros: Appearance (subjective), stereo sound, less heat on right leg (no crossover). Cons: Power reduction, cost.

For best power result consider a 2-into-1, but if you want the power gain without the cost, consider Fuel Moto's custom solution for stock head pipes (http://fuelmotousa.com/rush_fuelmoto). Noise is moderate, power excellent with these custom baffles.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:11 PM
extech
Road Master

Been hearing a lot of good things about the fuel moto set up too.
Although I've been running true duals with Rush 1.5 baffles,love the sound and really didn't notice any low end loss,could be the 1.5 baffles.....?

Old 01-24-2008, 03:13 PM
mysticwolf
Road Master

Thanks for the input, I think I might just try a set of slip ons for now, I can always add true dauls and the other stuff later if I dont like the outcome of the slip ons. I do like the looks of that moflo ac 04.

Quick Reply: True duals, Yes or no?