Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leather jacket??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 09:21 AM
woredown
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walter Dyer in Mass. makes a real good jacket and has great customer support

Old 12-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Climb14er
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Arvid
+1 or in my case +3.

I'm on my third Langlitz in thirty plus years. Wife took the first in the divorce. Second got cut up in an accident, driver's fault... not on a bike at the time. Third one, custom designed with Jackie (Langlitz) in 1993 and it's been with me since. Heavy duty black goat!

Best leather jacket, custom built, finest workmanship and great customer service.

If you really want the best, and do not have champagne taste on a beer budget, buy the best!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TXPOPEYE
I checked the langlitz site and I sort of like one style of jacket. Sort of like and 1k bucks just dont go to geather for me.
I feel that my current 160.00 jacket will work just fine to protect me from the the road rash, should I ever need it and when I am done and the jacket is ripped to shreads as some seem to think it will be since it is not a 1 thousand dollar jacket I will simply buy another and still have spent 780.00 less.

I have to wonder how many of you who spent 1k on your jacket have spent 500 on a top of the line full face helmet?
As a matter of fact I and the wife use Arai Quantum II and Shoei J wing, That is the point to wear quality protective wear.

Originally Posted by oldhippie
I know Langlitz is a good quality and all American made and all of that. So is Fox Creek, and although I can't say I've ever had the opportunity to compare side by side, I find it hard to believe that anything could beat the quality of leather or craftsmanship of the Fox Creek products. FC charges $80 for any custom made fit above their standard prices.

For my money I am extremely pleased with the FC.

I know the langlitz is good stuff as is the Aero jackets, but FC is that good too. made in Independence VA with American leather.
Cracks me up if you have never done a side by comparison then how can you make a comment. There is a difference, leather (several choices), fit(second to none, that is fact) stitching, and zippers. It is a custom bench made product. They don't charge for custom fit because it is a bench made product.

Fox creek is not a manufacturer, they are a reseller, there is no comparison.

But if you can not get past the cost we will never understand the quality. Ride hard.

Last edited by leicafish; 12-09-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:44 AM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the FXRG, expensive, but i love it

Old 12-09-2010, 12:04 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bcollida
I did a search for leather jacket but didn't see much.

I'd like to buy a new leather jacket. I currently have a pretty ratty looking RiverRoad jacket.

I don't really want to have aHarley Davidson advertisement acrossmy back.

Whereis agood place to buy a nice leather riding jacket. Do you guys have a manufacturer you prefer.
Buck up and get the FXRG jacket. It'll be the last leather jacket you will need to purchase.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Twistabister
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant bring myself to spend $650 on a Chinese made FXRG jacket.. Not sure why it burns my *** to see the 'Made in China' tag inside that jacket.. I went with Schott.. Union made in NYC..

Old 12-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistabister
I cant bring myself to spend $650 on a Chinese made FXRG jacket.. Not sure why it burns my *** to see the 'Made in China' tag inside that jacket.. I went with Schott.. Union made in NYC..
I bought a FXRG a couple of years ago. It is the last Chinese jacket I will ever buy. I'd be a whole lot happier with it if it weren't for the craptastic zippers. Really, really poor quality zippers, just inexcusable on such an expensive product. I would not pay full price for the FXRG jackets. Fox Creek Jackets are better quality for less, and Vanson jackets are much higher quality for the same money as the FXRG leather jackets.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:35 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No comparison... Langlitz hands-down the best.

Custom made. Priceless.

www.langlitz.com

Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 PM
valleybuck
Tourer

Fox Creek.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:05 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

Originally Posted by bcollida
I did a search for leather jacket but didn't see much.

I'd like to buy a new leather jacket. I currently have a pretty ratty looking RiverRoad jacket.

I don't really want to have aHarley Davidson advertisement acrossmy back.

Whereis agood place to buy a nice leather riding jacket. Do you guys have a manufacturer you prefer.
Fox Creek Leather
You can't possibly go wrong.

Quick Reply: leather jacket??