Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bag extensions.. yes or no??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:02 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bag extensions.. yes or no??

Thinking about adding bag extensions to my Glide, and re-painting the same graphics on them as now.. maybe a wee bit taller..thought I throw it out ther to the jury..cause one thing that's great about this forum, is there are plenty of folks who will give you their HONEST opinion!!What do you say class??[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 01-31-2008, 04:23 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Bag extensions.. yes or no??

They would look good but I think they are getting a little played out already. But that is just me.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: DI75

Thinking about adding bag extensions to my Glide, and re-painting the same graphics on them as now.. maybe a wee bit taller..thought I throw it out ther to the jury..cause one thing that's great about this forum, is there are plenty of folks who will give you their HONEST opinion!!What do you say class??[sm=confused06.gif]
personally I love the look of bag extensions, but ride pretty aggressively and figure I would tear them up in no time, so I don't think they are for me, although I really do appreciate them on other bikes.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:21 AM
SkipB
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they look great, especially when using Gatorboxes with pop lids, or adding embedded LED lights like Bad Dad and others offer. Very pricey but cool. I cannot do it because I like to get my Street Glide leaned WAY over on the edge of the tires when I ride! Just a former road racer talking here. But so far as for you - I say: GO FOR IT !!!

Old 01-31-2008, 05:35 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts

I'd go for the larger bags. By the time you buy the bag extensions, the larger bags from Bad Dad are only a bit more and if you sell your bottoms on ebay, you'd be ahead of the game.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:37 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think if you covered the pipes at all , you would kill the low,long, and lean look you already have.
Maybe the rear would look kinda "blockish" and wipe out the flowing front to rear look of the bike.
Gonna be tough to make it look "better" than the combination you have now.
Then again , I could use a stylist myself.....
JMHO
Mick

Old 01-31-2008, 05:46 AM
olgreydog7
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Mick. I love the slammed look, but it lame to get it with extensions. If you just want a lowered look, lower it! I also don't like how guys over up so much of the rear with extensions and fillers. It gives the bike a fat ***. Not for me. I think your bike looks killer just how it is. From past experiences, most asthetic upgrades I wasn't sure about I ended up regretting I did. Just something to think about.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:56 AM
etrader
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go full west coast gangster style....remote power bag lids, bag & lower fairing speakers with 23" front.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:58 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: steveh326

personally I love the look of bag extensions, but ride pretty aggressively and figure I would tear them up in no time, so I don't think they are for me, although I really do appreciate them on other bikes.
What he said.... EXACTLY, what he said.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:00 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

...me thinks you have reached the "Tipping-Point"..with your bike...I hate to say it...but that thing is as close to a "perfectly-done" bagger as I've seen in a long time..([:@]..envy!)...but...I think one more bling item could start sendin it the other way....as hard as it is...leave it alone....

Quick Reply: Bag extensions.. yes or no??