Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control - Heritage Softail

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:01 PM
mccruise
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I will ask a couple of my recent customers to see if you can contact them if you write me a private message with an email address. better yet, write to me at sales@mccruise.com and I will send complete instructions so you can properly assess the product. Tony

See this review:
Hello,
I'm writing to let you know how much I LOVE my new cruise control! It works as well or better than any cruise control in any vehicle I've ever used. The instructions were fantastic, and we had very little trouble with the installation. I especially liked the photos with the arrows showing exactly where things were, so thanks for that - it helped a lot. It looks fine on the bike, which was the only thing I was even a little bit worried about, but it really looks fine.
You asked my husband where he heard about your company, and I'm not sure he answered. We saw a link to your company in a forum when we were searching for cruise kits for my Dyna. I'm sorry but I don't remember which forum, but that's where we found it at first, and then we researched it from there.
You can be assured that if either of us hears anyone talking about cruise kits or lamenting that you can't put cruise on a Harley-Davidson Dyna model, we will recommend your kits. We're very impressed.
Thank you!
Leslie, TX, USA
16 May 2017

and this:

I started looking for aftermarket motorcycle cruise controls after renting a 2014 Harley Davidson Road King with a factory cruise. I have a 2004 Honda Interceptor and love riding it, but always wished it had an electronic cruise control; throttle locks and other gimmicks don't really work that well, and in some cases are dangerous.
I found MCC on the internet, and after a little research, I decided to buy one. There were no installers in my area (Central Illinois, USA.) I decided to install it myself. The instillation was some what difficult for me, but the included instructions were very detailed. I had a problem with the Cable Interface Unit, and e-mailed MCC. They made arrangements to call me and figured out that I installed the CIU incorrectly. They walked me through the installation on the phone. Talk about customer service! They called from Australia, at a time that was convenient for me.
Now, a year later the cruise works perfectly. It holds my commanded speed within 1-2 mph going up and down hills. If I ride for hours with the cruise engaged I usually get 3-5 mpg better than average. Best of all, I don't really need to worry about getting a speeding ticket if I have a momentary lapse in attention (very easy to do on a sport bike). It works just as well as the factory installed HD cruise and just as well as the cruise in my cars. I wish I would have installed the cruise as soon as I bought my bike in 2005. I never want to get rid of my Honda, but if I ever buy a new bike, I'll be sure to buy a MCC.
The instillation took me about 8-10 hours (much of this time was fixing what I screwed up.) If you have a decent set of tools and a mediocre level of mechanical knowledge you should be able to do it yourself. Up to this point the most difficult task I've ever accomplished on my bike was an oil change. If you have any problems with the instillation, Tony and the rest of the folks at MCC are only an e-mail and a phone call away. If you are looking for a motorcycle cruise control, this is the BEST and only option....BUY IT!
Jake
Peoria, IL USA
April 2016

Approximate cost: $800

Old 05-25-2017, 05:18 PM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Cruise comes stock on 16's and 17's....be a good excuse for the wife