Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:39 PM
bkhanson
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King Fairing

I have a 03 Roadie custom. What Ive been looking into is a fairing. My question is will a HD ultra fairing fit, or a street glide fairing fit. What Im trying to is get tunes on the bike, and at the same time a different look. Will the ultra lower fairings fit on my crash bars, and has anyone else installed the hog tunes speakers in the glove box holes? Ive been looking to this idea as well, with a XM radio on the handle bar and amp in the bag. Thanks in advance for all imput.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:50 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Road King Fairing

Ultra\SG fairing will fit if you got alot of time and are good with fabraction... The Ultra lowers will fit on Road King -

Old 03-18-2008, 07:59 PM
bkhanson
Intermediate

Thanks for the advice. Im not into fabrication, so I think I will probably go with the idea of lower fariings on a Road King. Does anyone have a gunmetal blue with the lowers on? Any Idea what it would cost to find a used painted set?
Thanks

Old 03-18-2008, 08:40 PM
dandfire
Intermediate

Hey Bk, Did the same thing with lowers, 5.25 Polk speakers, mini-amp... under $300 from Ebay. They're gettnig painted for $200. They really sound great. Pez sells a nice looking set-up too

Old 03-18-2008, 09:52 PM
indaupeh
Cruiser

cool

Old 03-18-2008, 09:58 PM
gpd265
Stage II

lOOKING FOR A FARING FOR MY 05 FLHPI ROAD KING, WHAT $ RANGE SHOULDI BE LOOKING FOR,I AM LOOKING FOR THE DETACHABLE.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
indiebarjohn
Advanced

Corbin makes a faring that looks like the Street Glide one. I have one on my 05 Super and it works pretty good. It will take any H-D Electra windshield. Go to corbin.com

Old 03-18-2008, 11:09 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: gpd265

lOOKING FOR A FARING FOR MY 05 FLHPI ROAD KING, WHAT $ RANGE SHOULDI BE LOOKING FOR,I AM LOOKING FOR THE DETACHABLE.
Many Aftermarkets out there - $1500.00 - $2200.00 is about the norm for a fairing

Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 PM
celtic king
Cruiser

BK,
Not sure if they have the look your after on the actual fairing but here is a company (aftermarket) that may hook you up with a place to put the tunes.

www.tsukayu.com
Fairing will come in kit form which already include Outer Fairing, Inner Fairing, Universal Mounting Brackets, windshield and Stereo system(optional). Outer and Inner Fairing are made of very strong, durable fiberglass, painted gloss black , primerd or factory color matched.
It also comes with stereo system (optional), Pioneer CD player with radio function, MP3 playback and four 50 watt outputs ( Total 200 watt ), two out of four outputs are used to drive the two 6 " speakers that come with the fairing,

Celtic King

Old 03-19-2008, 06:19 AM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To answer your question. Yes a OEM Fairing will fit. It will take removing your current narcle unit, unless as someone did fabricated the lower section of the fairing to fit over the narcle. I have pics of my set up with a aftermarket stereo and speakers in place of the Tach and Speedo holes. It was almost complete when I purchased it so for me it was just tear down and put on. Took a couple of days and a few 6 packs, but well worth it. I dont plan on removing the fairing now thats its on.

PM me if your interested in pics

Frank

Quick Reply: Road King Fairing