Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T.W.R. STABILIZER - SPECIAL GROUP BUY PRICE

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 04:16 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: T.W.R. Missing link . . . anyone???

ORIGINAL: cwilks

ORIGINAL: sifularson

ORIGINAL: cwilks

Hello...I represent the "search" police...we are your friends https://www.hdforums.com/search.asp
Hey officer . . . I did a search. Did you? Not much on this forum about it. I don't want to read about all the other stabilizers out there. JUST THIS ONE!!

Here is another link of interest . . .

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=20759.0

Yep...sure did......call Bart @ Cateye Customs he'll give ya the straight scoop

Bart claims this one is the easiest and the best http://www.grandeurcycle.com/site.htm
Hmmmm...I email'd Bart (Shooter64) 6 days ago for a price on a D&D FatCat. No reply yet.

As for the Alloy Art TWR Stabilizer, I can't say if it's better/worse than any of the others because I haven't installed mine yet.
But I can say, I'm certainly glad I bought this brand because I've ordered the Baker +1 Oil Pan and if you look at Baker's site, this pan is setup to accept the Alloy Art stabilizer.

To the guy that's ordering from American Classic...I ordered mine from them. At the time I ordered there was a "Best Offer" on it. I sent him an offer of $300 for the Polished version. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I recall getting it for about $50 less than his Ebay Buy-It-Now price. Moral of the story, send him an outlandish offer, he'll counter with a better price than he has listed.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 AM
speedglide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did someone say "group buy"??? I'd be in for that!
Jason

Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

As for the Alloy Art TWR Stabilizer, I can't say if it's better/worse than any of the others because I haven't installed mine yet.
But I can say, I'm certainly glad I bought this brand because I've ordered the Baker +1 Oil Pan and if you look at Baker's site, this pan is setup to accept the Alloy Art stabilizer.

To the guy that's ordering from American Classic...I ordered mine from them. At the time I ordered there was a "Best Offer" on it. I sent him an offer of $300 for the Polished version. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I recall getting it for about $50 less than his Ebay Buy-It-Now price. Moral of the story, send him an outlandish offer, he'll counter with a better price than he has listed.
I plan on calling Tracy Monday to see what he can do for me and if he is wiling to set up a group buy.

If you are interested in a group buy . . . please post here. That way I can give him a number. Thanks

Old 04-19-2008, 11:09 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got one off e-bay from the missing link guy, very happy with mine, this was before he started making the Alum ver. he has now. I was changing out my stock exhaust for the fatcat I had gotten so that wasn't much of a problem for me. I didn't notice any extra vibes on my road glide after the change over but it sure tightened my Glide up big time, feels solid as a rock now! I think I made him a offer and got mine for just over $200 but this was the older ver. the new one really looks sweet I think Ohyeah it worked great with the Rivco centerstand I was installing too, that was a buying consideration for a stabilizer on my part.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:09 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: speedglide

Jason
That's two of us . . . so far . . .

Old 04-19-2008, 11:17 AM
jeffro308
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the group buy!

Old 04-19-2008, 11:18 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: rkadair

I have the TWR missing link
It has tighen the bike up I do get more vibration but your going to get it with all of them tie the motor to the frame.
Yes you need to remove the exhaust the bottom bolt is counter sunk and you need to use a socket to tighten
I noticed reading the link provided from the one available from "Bart", is that one has some sort of shock absorber built into it to lessen any vibration. It looks like it mounts about the same.

Question: Has anyone had any problems with oil leaks after removing bolts from just one side of the tranny pan, putting on this unit, and retorqueing the bolts? It seems to me that could be agood way to warp a pan?

Old 04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jeffro308

+1 on the group buy!
Thats . . . 3!

BTW, Tracy is watching this thread . . . Hi Tracy.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 48 Posts

Count me in, so thats 4

ORIGINAL: sifularson

ORIGINAL: speedglide

Jason
That's two of us . . . so far . . .

Old 04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

We're up to 4!

Quick Reply: T.W.R. STABILIZER - SPECIAL GROUP BUY PRICE