Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart True Duals or Bub 7 True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rinehart True Duals or Bub 7 True Duals?

I just traded my '08 Softail Custom for a '08 Road King Classic. Now I need to get me some pipes for the King. What are your thoughts on the Bub 7's? I know how the Rineharts sound, and I love 'em. My dad has a set on his '08 Ultra. Are the Bub 7's better or worse? I'm lookin' to order pipes in the very near future. Possibly tomorrow. Thanksin advance for your opinions! Damn I love this bike!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:45 PM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Rinehart True Duals or Bub 7 True Duals?

Love my Bub 7...

They are not as loud as my V&H Pro Pipe 2 into 1.. which I'm selling after 800 miles for $300.00

I like the fact that the Bub 7 has a optionalQuite Baffle as well for my 4 - 8 day trips....

Old 04-20-2008, 07:19 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 08 SG and just retured from 3 days of riding in east TN with Rinehart True Duals. Perfect sound...not loud and crackly when cruising...sound good when you crank on it. Wife even likes the sound,we can hear the radio just fine. I am glad for the purchase. I also have a Fuel Moto pre programed PCIII and Ness big sucker stage 1 air filter.

A friend has Bassini true duals... those are loud, and annoying.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:29 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I just put on the Bub 7 TD with crossover... Also did a 107 build, and the pipes are plenty loud. If you go real easy it's just a nice rumble.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:36 PM
cubcake1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my true duals but havnt had anything else to compare to...

Old 04-20-2008, 07:41 PM
SCRider
Cruiser

The problem with the Rinehart True dual Head pipes is that they are not the standard size head pipe and do not fit any other maufacturer's muffler slip on. If you plan on changing the slip on mufflers at any time in the future you will want true dual head pipes with a standard opening, like the Bubs or Vance & Hines .

If you like a really nice deep sound the Supertrapp SE's are a great sounding and a great performing muffler.

I've got the V&H trrue dual head pipes with the Supertrapp SE's.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:48 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rineharts true duals they look and sound awesome.....some claim you lose some horsepower but I did not notice any significant difference...

[IMG]local://upfiles/45508/63AC2EC03F3D4007A5633A0E3AE99B0F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
RjCapp
Road Master

I just installed a set of Rinehart's.

Very please with the sound.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18381/07232327FA3E49B9BA6337559842041E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Ultra007
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rineharts are a true stepped header pipe, starting at 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 to 2 ". This design helps relieve some back pressure and create a better flow rate (Theorectically at least). You will always gain hp but sometimes you will lose some low end torque.
Yes, the mufflers are 2" inlet as opposed to 1 3/4 as a standard. There are a few other companies that make slipons that are 2", Hardchrome is one that I know of. But the Rineharts are easy to alter instead of buying new muffs. Change the baffles or wrap the baffles with glass.
They're all nice and forget about all the "macho dick waiving" about how one system gets so much more power than another. Bullshit and it's proven everyday on dynos all over. I have discussed this with every major vendor and when they are talking honest, they will tell you there are only slight advantages of one over the other, 3 - 7 hp, that's IT. So pick what you like the sound of, the looks of and what you get the best deal on and don't ever look back.

U

Old 04-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. I've never had a set of Rineharts, but I've always been a big fan of them. In my opinion, they're the best sounding exhaust. I just wasn't sure if the Bub 7's had a better sound or maybe sounded the same and had any advantages. It's kinda hard to judge the sound of the Bubs on their website with just a sound clip. I'm really not worried about a couple horsepower. I don't really plan on makin' any big motor mods or anything. If I wanted performance gains, I'd go with a 2-into-1 setup. I think at this point I'm leanin' toward the Rineharts because I know what I'm gettin' and I know I'll be happy with 'em. On my Softail I hadThundermax w/AutoTune and really liked it, but I think I'm gonna try to save a little money and go with a PCIII. I also plan on gettin' a Arlen Ness Big Sucker. I think that should get the bike runnin' decent and sound like a Harley should.

Quick Reply: Rinehart True Duals or Bub 7 True Duals?