Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my newly painted inner is on

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:50 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my newly painted inner is on

After being down for several weeks I finally got my inner back from paint and got her all put back together. Just put the last bolt in the outer fairing tonight. Big but really fun job and the service manual went step by step all the way through. Although the directions for mating the inner to the fairing brackets didn't make any sense to me and didn't seem to work at all - so I did it my way and everything went together just fine. The bike is Sunglo Blue, the inner is 2007 Ford Mustang gloss black and I'm a real happy guy...

[IMG]local://upfiles/9233/7DF9D0F204BF414ABF72136D7454F337.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9233/A20DCBE06FD34D6C9A36BEFD442E1BDF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my newly painted inner is on

they did a good job and it looks nice. If I may ask what was the reason for the different inner fairing color?

Old 05-14-2008, 11:10 PM
RonH
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: 07blackcherryflhx
they did a good job and it looks nice. If I may ask what was the reason for the different inner fairing color?
You mean instead of matching the bike color? Well, seems that's what everybody does and to me that would be way to much blue in my face all day long. I liked the contrast of the original flat black and the blue, so stuck with it and am very happy with the outcome.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I was going to ask the same thing... why not go with the same blue as the bike. I understand what ya mean, about to much blue. Heck, if it were my bike, I would have the whole thing painted black, LOL...j/k, sorta. I mean, I like that ya went away with the normal, and got a color of bike that is different, but I am just not a fan of blue... the fairing does look really sharp, though. And putting it back together, yourself, is great. I don't know if you are anything like me, but when I did my first accessory to my bike, I was nervous as hell. I didn't want to mess up this expensive bike... but, all went well, and now I am moving in to more and more improvements...

Good job...

Old 05-14-2008, 11:23 PM
RonH
Road Captain

Well my chopper is all black and I bought it as a stock black FXST in 91 and still ride it all the time. So for the bagger I wanted something different. I've done all kinds of stuff to this one too, and vividly remember the first major thing and sitting there with a drill thinking "am I really going to start drilling on my brand new $27K bagger??" And my next thought was " of course!" : )

Old 05-14-2008, 11:25 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain

gotcha, I suppose to each their own! Anything beats the stock inner fairing! Do you have any other plans to add some matching black accents to the bike? I like that you are trying to be different then everybody else! I do give you a lot of credit. Harley riders are good for being indiviuals......................until another one of us catches on and then next thing you know the MOCO will be producing their screamin eagle's with a different color fairing!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 246 Likes on 158 Posts

Looks great Ron. Must feel good to have the bagger back. Looking forward to getting together for a ride this summer.

Zach

Old 05-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats--looks sharp.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks great! I agree with your color choice.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:58 AM
SCRider
Cruiser

I am glad you like it. I think it looks like stock.

Quick Reply: my newly painted inner is on