Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer kidnapped my bike!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:41 PM
mrblister
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Dealer kidnapped my bike!

After 30 days,(Lemon Law) If I remember right they have to buy it back if you wanted them to.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My advise would be to contact HD's(as said before)customer service an register your own complaint. If the bike has a safety issue and they will not release the bike, I would also ask for a loaner vehicle. I would also check your state laws, if the bike was brought in numerous times or kept in the shop for more than 30 days it may qualify for the lemon law. However in some states a motorcycle (illinois law) does not qualify for the lemon law because of it being a recreation vehicle. Then your best bet is not to scream and yell, but to badger the **** out of corporate and the dealer himself until the issue gets resolved. I know if we have an issue with our manufacture, I'm on the horn asap, to take care of "my" customer so not to give my dealership a black eye. I've actually swapped parts off in order to get the customer back on the road if need be.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:02 AM
whoop72
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rest assured, they CANNOT keep your bike if you want it back. it doesn't belong to them. if u do take it, they will likey try to have you sign something saying that you know it is defective and unsafe and are taking it against their strong advice to leave it with them.

best solution is mentioned above; they should give you a loaner until they finish jumping through all of their hoops. at the end, you still need to have the bike fixed.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:53 AM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Vettepro

I really don't want a loaner. I just want my own bike back. I have other fun stuff to drive, it's just the point that they are not willing to move any faster than a snails pace to get me my bike back.
They still have it with no end in sight. The service manager keeps calling Harley and leaving messages because tech support is too "busy". Of course nobody calls back.
They're just not doing anything to expedite this at all. It sucks.
I bought the bike 2 months ago and this is it's 4th week in the shop. (Including 2 weeks to install the 103 kit at the original dealer)
Last weekend was a holiday weekend and I had no bike.
This weekend we planned on riding up the coast to Pismo Beach and it looks like I'll be driving instead. This sucks!
The good news is that I got my new seat today. Unfortunately, I don't have a bike to put it on!
Sounds to me like you can Lemon Law that one..!!!
It has been in the shop long enough for it to qualify.. Check the laws in your state..