Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEOS in action in NY

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:21 PM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LEOS in action in NY

NYS Police are useless. They look real pretty with those stetson hats and purple ties. Whenever the real local police make a big arrest the NYSP are always in the background trying to take all the credit. ALL they do is write tickets and drive up and down the Northway. Americade is a nice social family gathering. I know a lot of people that spend a lot of money that week that will not be going back to LG due to the useless troopers and Warren County Sheriff Dept.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:30 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nick@nite

ORIGINAL: leicafish

OK jump my wazoo if necessary. The law says no tampering with the exhaust&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;, DOT helmets, license, insurance and registration.
Well I did change my slip ons with the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\;EPA stamp and engine number to match(SE 50 state legal),&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;I have a DOT&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\;helmet, license, and pay dearly for the my insurance and registration. If everyone did the same no problem. But they don't so now we will all have the check points.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;And no I don't like it at all. Sooner or later this will be challenged when it does go over the top. But on the same token these rules need to be enforced like it or not. I have mention in the past its just the few that ruin it for all. But how about the industry showing some leadership also. All of these aftermarket manufactures are selling some real expensive add-ons that they&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\;know are illegal. And they know that&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\;sooner or later they will have to removed. Why don't we show the same outrage to them or demand they develop a product that is legal.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;But lets just blame the leo inforcing the law that we all know is the law. Just a different point of view. Why don't you take the Vance Hines, Reinharts, Cobras etc. back for a refund after you get a ticket.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Your kidding right???&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; if not ,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; its a few that ruin it all is how we feel about you......how about&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; busting the drug dealers and carjackers .....you have to be joking with that post..........
agreed. i dont buy it. its profiling. its discrimination.its wrong. wheres the ACLU when you need em? good write up on this is this months AMA mag. someone needs to organisi a nice large rolling protest of several hundred bikes that REFUSE to stop statewide or muti state wide in support.passive but firm.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:44 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Q Hog

no win situation. u pay to modify your bike then your fined for&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;the modifications. (ex. bars, pipes)
well now ta be fair ive ALWAYS wondered how u (we) could get away with the exhaust thang (EPA) when the rest of the driving public has to abide by it.HUGE fines all around for removing cats, altering em and such

Old 06-21-2008, 07:46 AM
clayguy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a former traffic officer in CA, I can tell you that the attitude of cops has changed significantly over the years.....fundamental values like integrity, courtesy are pretty much things of the past. It is now about MORE money, gettin' the stats, horray for us, screw you! Not all, but many are like this. Even a badge will no longer reliably get you out of a ticket (what's the world coming too?).

Old 06-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 462 Posts

The ZRX owners association is having a little get together in NY in 6 weeks, I just cancelled my reservations. I won't ride into NY on 2 wheels if this is how I am going to be treated.

Although I live in NH, My bikes are registered and titled in MA, and as long as my bike has a valid MA inspection sticker on the plate, I am legal in all 50 states. That is fEDERAL LAW.

this is unconstitutional, we are not trucks.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:10 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: clayguy

As a former traffic officer in CA, I can tell you that the attitude of cops has changed significantly over the years.....fundamental values like integrity, courtesy are pretty much things of the past. It is now about MORE money, gettin' the stats, horray for us, screw you! Not all, but many are like this. Even a badge will no longer reliably get you out of a ticket (what's the world coming too?).
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I don't think it is just a cop thing look at our society in general.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Back on topic, its racial profliling to me.&nbsp\\; A bunch of caucasion bikers riding down the road&nbsp\\;have to be breaking the law some how.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:42 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Two weekends ago I was coming back into Manhattan from the dealership in Queens. My bike was 3 weeks old and thankfully when I was there the salesman gave me the registration sticker for the plate. So as I come down the ramp to go onto 2nd Avenue a cop standing in traffic waves me over to the far side of the Avenue. There's maybe 10 cops and 20-some bikes lined up. They're loading a flatbed truck full of bikes they're confiscating, a cop says that's the second dozen they've taken away today and there's about 8 more parked waiting for the next truck. All they check is license, insurance and registration, no vehicle inspection. I ask why the crack down and he says they do this all the time. I ask when they are going to be stopping cars and taxis like this. He says,"We do it everyday." I say, "Not like this you don't, stopping every type of vehicle." He just smiles and walks away. Comes back and gives me my papers, "Have a nice day." I ask if I'll continue to be stopped and he says they have checkpoints at all the entrances into the City and will be doing it for the next few weeks, that it will take a day or two to get my information into the system and then I'll be fine. Total bullcrap since no cop is going to see a black and white FLHRC ride through a checkpoint and know my papers are in order.

Enforce the law, fine, no problem there. But they just discriminate against motorcycles. If they stopped cars at a checkpoint, even if it was all the blue cars one day and all the silver cars another and so on so traffic wouldn't be more of a shambles, I'd be cool with it because there's a higher percentage of uninsured motorists than uninsured bikers. But this is just a money maker, they know bikers won't make a big stink. Those of us in the AMA know they do a great deal for bikers but they have bigger fish to fry than one day of discrimination by New York's Finest. It was the NYPD, not the state police.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:05 AM
srf506
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The excuse is that the local communities are getting sick and tired of the poor behavior of the minority of people that attend the bike rallies, but that paints all riders with the same brush. Like the old saying goes, "its all fun and games until someone gets hurt." The locals are tired of the traffic congestion, the noise, the rude behavior, the fatalities, injuries, and lack of respect for personal property. They figure the money that only goes to a few, isn't worth the aggravation anymore and want "their"&nbsp\\;town back. So, we'll see more of this type of behavior until the crowds get small and more manageable. Here in Daytona, they're really looking to scale bike week and octoberfest back and spread it out over a much larger are so its no longer concentrated on Main Street. They ran Spring Break out of town, and the locals consider bike rallies just one step above that.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:22 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: relli
...wheres the ACLU when you need em? ...
Trying to take away your second ammendment rights