Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Travel bags for the top of hardbag lids

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Travel bags for the top of hardbag lids

ORIGINAL: dawg

Ridetek Lid Haulers

Available through distributors like Drag, etc. also.
&nbsp\\;
I don't think those&nbsp\\;work if you have the chrome rails on the saddlebag lids (the asker of the question, his picture shows he has the rails).&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I picked up couple of water proof stuff sacks at a camping store (cabela's) and bungy them to the lid rails - I forget what size bags I got (they come in various sizes).&nbsp\\; most camping stores sell a variety of stuff sacks in variety of sizes.&nbsp\\; I use them for lightweight stuff.
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
backnasaddle
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Kuryakyn Grand&nbsp\\;Tour&nbsp\\;Bag&nbsp\\; It's wonderful.&nbsp\\; Has, wheels on it, too.&nbsp\\; It's designed to lay down on a tour pack rack or mount on a&nbsp\\;luggage rack and has multiple mounting options.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Plenty of space, nice exterior pockets, two of which unzip so you can take with.&nbsp\\; I don't even have a tour pack.&nbsp\\; I mount it on my luggage rack.&nbsp\\; It has an integrated rain cover, too.&nbsp\\; Really nice piece.&nbsp\\; I think it set me back about $150.00, maybe a little less.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Weavr99FLHT

ORIGINAL: dawg

Ridetek Lid Haulers

Available through distributors like Drag, etc. also.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I don't think those&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;work if you have the chrome rails on the saddlebag lids (the asker of the question, his picture shows he has the rails).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I picked up couple of water proof stuff sacks at a camping store (cabela's) and bungy them to the lid rails - I forget what size bags I got (they come in various sizes).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; most camping stores sell a variety of stuff sacks in variety of sizes.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I use them for lightweight stuff.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
Very observant Kimosabee!
&nbsp\\;
"If I can't ride it there, I won't take it there" EXACTLY WHY I BLEW BY THE CANADIAN BORDER LAST WEEK! AND MY WIFE'S CANADIAN TOO. FRICKIN' ELITEIST ATTITUDE!