Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Nitrous to a bagger is easy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 03:12 PM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Adding Nitrous to a bagger is easy!

ORIGINAL: BadPiggy

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

I know ya said that ya bought it from a guy, but what would this run me to set up? And, how difficult was it to install?
I sold the kit to Benji at an awesome price.
If buying this kit new, you'd have about $800 in it.
I did all the hard work of the install, forwarded Benji detailed pics of how things are plumbed.
If you have some pretty good mechanical ability, you can install it yourself.
Plumbing the intake manifold to accept the nozzles is pretty tedious since you don't have much room.
If not, leave it alone.
Yup, thats who I got it from! And even thought he did give me pics and help installing... I did change a few things on the install. The system is supposed to work with 2 activation switches... one on the microswitch, the other by hitting the horn button. I eliminated the horn and whenthe power is switched on, the system is activated by full throttle.

And yes, Bad Piggy gave me a great deal on it... so I definately cant complain about my HP gain to dollars!

Benji

Old 06-30-2008, 03:25 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like affordable hp i have thought about it a few times but i use my bags all the time
&nbsp\\;
so do not know where to mount the bottle ?? thought maybe mounting to the down tubes
&nbsp\\;
might look cool ?

Old 06-30-2008, 05:25 PM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree, if someone asks you why, the answer is "why not!"
&nbsp\\;
I went the cubic inch route and am happy with that as the power is always on tap but NOS is cool too.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Keener
Tourer

I just came in from working outside, and was really into this post.&nbsp\\; I say "Kick 'er Down Clown".&nbsp\\; Stock is fine, but let's push the envelope and go for some fun.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I was so into reading this post, I tipped my 2nd beer for a swig, and to my sirprise, I hadn't popped the top yet.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks fro all the great info and ideas guys-&nbsp\\; Ahhh the second beer tastes better than the first.&nbsp\\; It is the 14th that seems to make me feel a bit ill...

Old 07-01-2008, 06:39 AM
lickmstickmman
Tourer

ORIGINAL: garyhendley

sounds like affordable hp i have thought about it a few times but i use my bags all the time
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
so do not know where to mount the bottle ?? thought maybe mounting to the down tubes
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
might look cool ?
They have a smaller bottle version that is made to mount on the downtube. I have to admit, the 2lb bottle does take up alot of storage space. But, I when I need to pack for an extended ride I just us a small duffle and strap it to the back... until I can get a tour-pak setup I am investigating.

I always thought that having NOS was a great idea for the person who wants more power when they need it. The cost is a fraction of what going to bigger cubes costs, and can be installed by the average guy who isnt afraid of electrical.

Benji

Old 11-10-2019, 05:01 PM
TJReid
6th Gear

Originally Posted by lickmstickmman
I picked up a used NOS kit from BadPiggy on this forum. It has the 2lb bottle installed in the left rear bag. The whole thing is installed "stealthy". Arming switch is mounted to the horn bracket, microswitch is the only thing you can see mounted to the side of the CV, fuel pump is behind the left side cover, the solenoids are in the area between the seat and the engine. I ran all wires and hoses under the tank and into the stock harness, the less you see the better! If you look real hard you can see the jets sticking out of the intake... but you have to look realllll hard...

I have just uploaded pics to my Flickr account here:

Pics

I have used only one bottle of squirreling around, but man, does it come on like a bat out of hell! Officially I have made only one pass on it so far at the track before technical issues (blown fuse)... it ran 12.60 @ 103, but the bike ran 12.79 @ 102.3 without it, so I need to make a few more passes.

Benji
did u ever get ur nos working? I'm just hooking up a bottle on my 106s&s stroker, cant wait for the spring time now!

Old 11-10-2019, 05:27 PM
ve9aa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 399 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by ve9aa:
eighteight (02-20-2020), Neggy ZRXOA 5248 (11-11-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 06:25 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 639 Likes on 462 Posts

"Old man's bike" always makes me laugh. Is there something about being in one's twenties that REQUIRES having an uncomfortable, tiring motorcycle or is it just to prove how tough one is? I turn 75 soon and ANY bike I ride is an old man's bike when I am on it. There are a fair number my age who can't swing a leg over a sled any more, just absolutely delighted I still can. Enjoy your souped up old man's bike for as long as it lasts. Any mechanical device is much like a flash light battery. You can put a big load on it use it up quickly or you can use it as intended and get a long service life out of it. Your bike, your money, your choice.

The following users liked this post:
eighteight (02-20-2020)
Old 11-10-2019, 08:30 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,611 Likes on 3,072 Posts

Originally Posted by TJReid
did u ever get ur nos working? I'm just hooking up a bottle on my 106s&s stroker, cant wait for the spring time now!
This thread is 11 years old, and he hasn't logged since early 2017

Just sayin'

The following users liked this post:
eighteight (02-20-2020)

Quick Reply: Adding Nitrous to a bagger is easy!