Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stay away from St. Augustine HD. Rude...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:28 PM
swirvin1234
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay away from St. Augustine HD. Rude...

I am planning on getting a black 2009 FLHR with ABS and security. I have priced it out with MSRP to $18514.00, with tax is roughly $19800 with HD freight. I just spoke to St. Augustine HD, in FL and they were complete a**holes. I went in on Monday and explained exactly what I wanted and was looking to spend 19500, they wouldn't give price and told me they would call me tomorrrow, well today I finally called them and they still didn't have a price. The business manager said my offer sounded too low and it would be waste of time to bug the owners about it so come back in and we will talk more. I told him that I tried that on Monday and you couldn't help me then. I told him if he wanted to sell a bike to me to find out the price and call me and that was it. 15 minutes later he calls back and says 20,800 out the door and that is the lowest they will go. I asked him specifically what the dealer fees were and he said " out the door is 20,800, when can you come in to put down a deposit?). I asked again and never got an answer. My rough calculations came out to 925 in bulls**t fees that the dealer slapped on. Needless to say I will not be buying from them. The kicker is that I have a good business relationship with a friend of the owners and was personally referred plus I have purchased 2 HD's from the previous owners at this location, (Hollingsworth HD).

Sorry for venting and maybe I am out of line but I am just shocked as to the lack of professionalism, and poor effort that the business manager made to help me a guaranteed sale. What does everyone else think a good price would be out the door?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:40 PM
pokeraddict
Cruiser

I don't know but there are many HD dealers within a couple of hours of you. I would call each of them with your specs and ask for a price. Only then will you know if they are trying to screw you or not.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
confused
Road Captain

When I did my FLA search for my 2008 I found the best price at Ross Myer the BIG ONE - Destanation Daytona. I ended up at his smaller shop in New Symra. If you end up in New Symrna talk to "Friday' and tell him Steve that got the black 08 Ulktra sent you. They did have to come down to meet Dest Daytona's price and I could tell he wasn't happy, but I told him I wanted to get the bike from him becuase when I came back in the store he would know me. Dest daytona has so high turn over everytime you go in there it is someone different. Good luck

P.S. Some dealers feel they don't need to do anything with the price because in FLA it is bike week all year. I went to Ocala and they had over 100 2008 Ultra's in April. They would NOT deal. I said thanks and was on my way.

Last edited by confused; 08-08-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:51 PM
jackja25
Road Captain

I dont know, but what I see from HD:
17729 Base two tone paint
795 ABS
345 Security
375 Freight
19244 Plus tax and dealer prep 200-300

Obviously they are not dealing at this time for the 09. Should be able to get a great deal on a 08.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had good luck with Seminole Harley in Sanford. Good straight forward price over the phone, & they stuck to it when I went in. 'Course that was an '07, but it's still worth a call.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep shopping until you get the deal you like.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well as sad as it is it sounds about normal for dealerships, The one we have for the most part act as if they could careless if they help you are not. Particularly the service depts.
example being , my Bother takes in Heritage under warranty. lights fogging up, very well documented problem, They look and say that there is no recall on the lights, I say there doesn't have to be a recall on the aux lights or any part for that matter for it to be under warranty, they say well I don't know if can cover that let me check, 30 minutes later, we are busy can you leave it with us, I say are you kidding, give me the lights and I will have them in in about 3 minutes max. another 45 minutes and after having to go and get someone I knew that was a ways up in the food chain. they are fixed. This is becoming the norm all to often. And I could go on with several stories from friends and acquaintances but I want bore you . ( and by the way this is a place we are in buying stuff so often they know me by name.) But that part about being there buying stuff is about to change.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:20 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't be afraid to look out of state to get MSRP.

Wow...they fixed the site.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:32 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It'll be hard to get MSRP on an 09 right now. Wait a month or so until they get a bunch on the showroom floor, and you'll save some money.

With that said, I will never buy another bike from a place that can't give me a price up front. Some dealers act like they want you to commit to buying before they'll give you a price. I won't play that game.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:38 PM
confused
Road Captain

I took about two months of going dealer to dealer before I said lets do this
Being in FLA you have SEVERAL dealers, at least twenty, within 100 miles.

Quick Reply: Stay away from St. Augustine HD. Rude...