Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rivco air horn purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Scorpio49
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rivco air horn purchase

Considering the purchase of the Rivco dual air horn for 2007 RG. Looked at the install instructions and they seemed somewhat confusing (I'm not handy at all). How difficult is the install?

Old 09-09-2008, 09:07 PM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
Default rivco

Ive done it and the best info i can give you is , go online to rivco site and read and reread the instructions till you get it. The wiring of the relay is the one thing to pay attention to. Its only nuts and bolts, you can do it.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:25 PM
TomWoodgeard
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put the Rivco on my '07 Ultra. I put the compressor in the open cavity under the seat, using ty-wraps. The wiring is a little complicated at the relay. Take your time, look closely at the wiring diagram. You'll figure it out, and when you hit the horn button for the 1st time, you'll be amazed.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
throttle
Novice

If you don't care about having the trumpets... go with a pro pad mini beast air horn. The install is a piece of cake and they sound great!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought the Rivco horn from Eastern Performance on ebay. I got a good deal....I think it was like $157 shipped. Anyhow the install was very easy. You use the existing horn wires to two of the relay terminals, and then one from the battery, and one from the compressor. There are only two wires you have to run....the other two are there already. The relay mounts just behind the horn bracket. I mounted my compressor under the right side cover using the supplied hose clamp. The kit comes with everything you need and more, and the instructions are very clear and concise. I guess it took me about a hour from the time I opened the package to the time I washed my hands.
You will need a wire cutter and terminal crimper, and some basic hand tools....but thats it. It was well worth it, and every time I need to sound the horn I am thankful I went with the Rivco twin trumpet!
On a scale of 1-10....with 10 the hardest, I would rate this install about a 2.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:41 PM
wkottas
Cruiser

I put Rivco on my 07 RKC and the wife's 06 sportster; both were very easily. Each took me about an hour, but I'm very picky. LOVE IT too. This LOAD beast has saved my bacon a handful of times this summer!!!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:06 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior

Put a Rivco AHHD on my Ultra in May '05.

No problems since.

Much better than that chaep a$$ OEM POS.

Easy install - looks nice too!!!

Dave H.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Master Gunny
Advanced
Default Twin Rivco

I've had the twin Rivco horns on my '09 Ultra for just over a year now. All of a sudden the horns stopped working... every time I hit the horn button I blow the fuse... I've checked everything I can think of. Nothing solves the problem. I bought the horns from BJ's Specialties in TX. They no longer answer their phone ... hummm. Damn, you'd think Harley could come out with a horn with some hair on it!! Think twice before you drop the $150 to $180 for an air horn that probably won't work in a year or so.

TD

Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 PM
redultra02
Cruiser

I have had Rivco on my last two Harleys since 2002 and no problems at all. They are great and loud, easy to install, you will do just fine. As for master gunny comment for Rivco and buying his from BJ's Specialties in TX thats not even the same company, Rivco is out of Wisconsin. You will like the air horns from Rivco

Old 07-21-2010, 08:08 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

I have had a Rivco air horn since May 2005.

Only problem: only one of the two horns works off and on - very sporadic.

Ideas???

Dave H.

Quick Reply: Rivco air horn purchase